Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Another Playdate with Michele

Hello friends.  My sweet friend Michele and I had another playdate last Wednesday, and as usual, we hugged, laughed, talked (LOTS of talking!!), played and ate!  We both sure love these playdates and always end inspired and rejuvenated!!  

I started with an Altenew stencil (Charming Delight) that I had asked Michele to bring, and came up with this...


  I think the stenciled layers on this one are so pretty and used Gina K's Light, Medium & Dark Orchid inks on the flowers.  Once my stenciling and splattering was done I used Michele's Organic Linen embossing folder over the panel before attaching a black layer and white card base.  My sentiment strip was hot foiled using Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments II and gold foil.  I finished with a few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K).


These Poppies look blue, don't they?  They're actually purple (Gina K's Light, Medium & Dark Lilac), but no editing on my part could get them to look purple...grrrrr!!  But anyway, we both played with this stencil set from The Ton called Precious Poppies.  After stenciling, I used a green prisma color pencil to add some detail to the leaves, and then added some black splattering too.  I used MB's Pinpoint Leaf Plate to add a bit of interest to my background.


You can see the background detail a bit better in this close up.  I added a black strip to the left side of my stenciled panel and then attached to a white card base.  The sentiment was hot foiled in silver using MB's Posh Hello foil plate and die, and then finished the card with a few silver gems from PFS.


Michele had wanted to play with my Greetery BotaniCuts: Lilac dies, and since I had one cluster already finished from the last time I had played with it, and needed a card for a cousin on my hubby's side who just received a cancer diagnosis, it made this card come together quickly.


I made a frame using a rectangle die on the center of an A2 panel and then embossed it using SSS's Blossom Field embossing folder.  The sentiment is from Penny Black's inspirational sentiments.


We had briefly talked about pulling out a MFT Pure Innocence (Sunny Days Ahead) stamp, and since it feels more like Summer than Spring this past week, I had fun coloring up this cutie with my Copics.  The background is PTI's Pool Water stencil, and I framed her with PFS's Notched Corner Frame Dies.  The sentiment is also from the Sunny Days Ahead set and the little girl and her unicorn floaty have an action wobbler attached behind her.  My pool water background was also sprayed with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spray and also added a few iridescent gems from PFS to mimic water droplets.

Well, that's it from me today, but I'm sure Michele has oodles and oodles to share with you as she was quite the busy beaver while here!  You can find all her cards right  HERE.  Thanks so much for sharing your toys Michele and also for the yummy broccoli salad and DELISCIOUS butterscotch cheesecake...they were both soooooo good!  And of course your friendship...I sure do treasure our playdates together!! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I just loved the ink choices you made for that Charming Delight - what's in a name, they say? SO charming and the embossing is delightful, too!
About those purples - I used the same inks as you had and had a completely different result! No matter as I love the 'periwinkle' you achieved with these gorgeous poppies!
Thanks so much for all those lilacs - btw mine are finally blooming! I so sorry for Chris' cousin but your card is so wonderful - I may have to buy that sentiment set - and your 'dusty' leaves... wow.
Can you believe we both picked a swimmer?? LOve her pool toy and your wonderful stenciled water!
Such a fun day - we never want them to end, do we?
xx

Cat Craig said...

WOW that first card is an eye catcher. And then the gorgeousness continues on throughout your post. So happy you two had a fun day.

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like another fun filled day for you two ladies! Love the results of your play date, Marcia. They're all fabulous, but those lilacs have my heart. You really nailed the leaves and the sentiment is wonderful!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, your Charming Delight is an absolute show stopper! Those orchid shades are some of my favorite purples. I only have one orchid ink, but pretty sure I need more! Your gorgeous poppies have so much depth, and I love the soft green with them. This shade is difficult to photograph. I have had the same problem with it always wanting to come out blue. Still so lovely in any color! Your lilac card is just lovely. I was touched by the sweet sentiment, but more so when I read its purpose. I adore your little girl with her unicorn floaty! I'm still waiting for those warm days. Happy to at least be able to say the sun has been shining for a few days. Marcia, thanks for sharing your day with us! The broccoli salad and butterscotch cheesecake sound amazing!

Bobby said...

You both got so much done that day, Marcia. I love everything. I did bring my lilacs with me to hope to spend time making some. I love the way you framed them with the embossing folder. Your little girl is adorable.

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Marcia!! Especially love the hot pink of your first flower. :) So nice that you had a really fun day with Michele ... and you certain got lots done too! xx

Bonnie said...

Such GORGEOUS flowers, Marcia! Love the bright pinks and bluish purple! And that lilac keeps beckoning to me! It looks fresh picked! I was with you in spirit but nowhere near as creative!

TK said...

Wow! I love all your cards but again my heart is pulled by the poppies from you and Michele both. Glad you had fun together, I know it was a great time and oodles of chit chat. Love your cards, and your cousin will ADORE your lilac beauty too -- what a precious sentiment!

HilaryJane said...

I love all these. What a feast for the eyes xx