Friday, May 3, 2024

Rainbow Fun

Hello friends.  Just a fun post today sharing a couple rainbow cards I made from panels my sweet friend Lisa Elton sent me after seeing her sweet card HERE.

Lisa sent me all the die cut pieces from Poppystamps Hearts Shining Arch and Rainbow Arch and on this 1st card I used pastel colors to fill in all the heart and dots.


 
My photo makes it look like I pieced all those hearts and dots together when actually I ink blended the die cut arches and then placed them behind the heart and dot die cut panel.  


 I added a little Purple Onion Designs bunny that I colored with my Copics and fussy cut out towards the bottom of the heart panel, and then stamped my sentiment (Gina K) above.  I did add a bit of WOS to all the hearts to give some shimmer to this colorful rainbow card.


My 2nd card was done the same way with coloring the arches first (with Copics in bright primary colors), and then adding acetate and foam strips behind the heart and dot die cut panel to make a shaker card. (Sorry, all the sequins for the shaker are at the bottom of the card because I photographed it standing upright.)


I added a PFS scalloped frame and one of those sweet paper mouses from Anita Jeram and CCC (Be Creative) that I colored once again with Copics.  The sentiment is from The Greetery's All Occasion Script Sentiments.  

Hope I infused some color and smiles into the start of your weekend today, and a BIG thanks to sweet Lisa for sharing these die cuts with me...I had so much fun coloring up these rainbows and creating the two cards!  Stamping friends truly are the best!! :0) 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both so cute!!!! Crafty friends are the best!

I Card Everyone said...

I love your darling 'rainbows' of hearts and dots, Marcia! These first truly do look like they are sitting ON TOP of the card... but I've been known to 'see things.' ha!
Two darling cards with the cutest of critters!
Yes, I ditto that crafty friends business, too!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love what you've done with these, Marcia! I knew you would make something extra cute and you sure did! Love both versions, but that sweet bunny has my heart!

Cat Craig said...

Two super sweet cards Marcia. You do the colorful rainbows so well.

Bonnie said...

Both of these are delightful, Marcia! I love the pastel shades that look like you placed each one separately! The little bunny is sweet too! The primary colors are festive and fun and the little guy here looks quite pleased with his painting!

Bobby said...

I had to look closely and more than once to see that the first card wasn't inlaid, Marcia. It's much easier to be able to color the arches and the cards look beautiful in both the softer and brighter colors. Your choice of animals to accompany the design made the cards extra special.

TK said...

Both cards are as sweet as can be, Marcia! Love the sweet bunny and mouse added to each for an extra fun flair. Two great cards, Friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you did have fun! I remember how much I loved Lisa's card and now yours. too. Two styles, two colorways, two adorable critters! My heart is happy seeing these cards!