Thursday, May 23, 2024

Double D - Polka Dots

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals at the Double D Challenge where they are looking for POLKA DOTS!



How fun is this?!!  If there's polka dots involved, I'm there!!  I have stacks of PTI's dsp packs by color and the large and mini polka dot papers are my faves and used in SO many of my cards. Like this baby card...


Our youngest daughter was in need of a baby card for a shower for one of her girlfriends who is expecting her 1st baby in August and this Baby Face Sweet Pea Die from The Greetery (that I've had for over a year now and never used!) came in really handy!!  I started with my background using the polka dotted dsp from PTI in the color Green Parakeet and an old Cuttlebug embossing folder with dots.  For the pea pod I die cut everything in white card and then used Peeled Paint & Rustic Wilderness DOX inks to color everything but the two flower buds.  


The coordinating stamp set (Baby Face Stamp Set) has lots of different face stamps, so I stamped 3 of the peas with sleeping faces and one of the peas with a wide awake face...we'll see if the mama to be catches on!  Haha!!  I used foam tape behind the pea pod for some dimension, and then finished with a sentiment from the stamp set and a few iridescent gems from PFS.

The DT has lots of fun inspiration for you that you can find right HERE, and this challenge is open till Sunday, June 2nd @ 8:00PM.

 I am also sending this card to the NBUS Challenge since this die set has been unused for over a year now.  Good grief...I am so good at shopping but sooooo slow to use what I buy and THINK that I need!  Oh well, it did come in handy to make this baby card, so I'll justify that it was a good purchase!!  (Quit laughing Darnell!!!)



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Birgit said...

So many great uses of polka dots on this darling card. This is absolutely, the cutest!!! All the polka dots in the background go together perfectly and I love the little bit of soft, sheer ribbon. The pea pod is colored to perfection as well. I always enjoy seeing your cards in the linky line-up at Double D. Thanks so much for supporting our challenge the way you do and best of luck to you in the draw.

Vicki said...

This is too adorable! Such wonderful use of polka dots on this card. Sweet image and perfect coloring too. The ribbon detail and tag look amazing. Overall fabulous card. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Polka Dots" Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, darling card! Oh, Marcia this is so cute! It reminds me of that adorable set that our friend Lisa designed! and who doesn't love polka dots? I think I have a FEW of these PTI packs myself!
I'll bet C. loved it!
=]

TK said...

Sweetest pea I've ever seen! Adorable card, Marcia, and your daughter and her friend loved it, I'm sure

Darnell said...

Not laughing, Linda, commiserating! They are pretty much all good purchases, just not enough time in the day! And it certainly did come in handy in your time of needing a sweet baby card! I mean, sweet peas after all! Love how you designed with all the embossed, small, and large circles and I love that shade of green. (Winner in my book!) Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

All your polka dots make me smile. I am such a fan of both you and the dots. Cute card.

Bonnie said...

You had the perfect polka dots to stack up and the sweetest stamp and die set for a baby card, Marcia! I love how the one is awake. A sweet, sweet baby card, my friend!

Bobby said...

How adorable, Marcia. You polka dotted your card to the hilt with both papers and the panel. Those peas are so cute and I'm sure the new mom-to-be will be thrilled.

Lisa Elton said...

You can never go wrong with polka dots no matter the size! Cute card, Marcia!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so cute I can hardly bear it, Marcia! Those faces! The beautiful shade of green! All those fabulous polka dots, including the embossed ones! The die is just adorable but, seriously, those faces... I love the darling little wide awake sweetie. I'm so glad you made this purchase a year ago so the expectant mom and all of us can be delighted today. Thank you for sharing in our Polka Dot challenge at Double D!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia this is just ADORABLE! I simply love your design style and look forward to seeing the creations you share with us in our challenges. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Linda said...

Marcia, this is just adorable. And nothing says baby like polka dots. So darn cute...

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest! Sweet little faces on those baby peas and I love how you incorporated the polka dots!