Saturday, May 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #91 - Color Your Flower

Hello friends.  Welcome back to The Flower Challenge where this month we'd like for you to Color Your Flower.  Markers, colored pencils, watercolors, stencils, etc. - we'd love to see it all!

I inked up a better press plate from Spellbinders called A Friend Like You Bouquet and came up with this card...


Just a simple bouquet, but I had fun coloring it up with my Copics and then ran the panel through with SU!'s Old World Paper embossing folder to give a bit of texture to my card. 


After attaching my panel to a top folding card base, I added a strip of black cs to the left side and then finished the card with a bit of black & white bakers twine and a few black enamel dots.  The HELLO was a press plate that was included with the set.

We know there's a LOT of you out there with some pretty mad coloring skills, and we can't wait to see what YOU create this month.  There is a lot of inspiration from the DT to get you inspired too, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us.  This challenge is open till Saturday, May 25th @ 5:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!
groeten Ineke

I Card Everyone said...

Such a gorgeous image, Marcia, and you've colored it so beautifully! HELLO GORGEOUS!
=]

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! Your coloring skills really shine on this beautiful card.

Lisa Elton said...

The crinkly background and black border add so much interest to that pretty bouquet! This is a wonderful way to say hello, Marcia!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, those press plates! Love the look of this with your beautiful coloring and the long tails of baker's twine hanging over the black. I noticed the embossing right off. It adds an interesting effect. Such a lovely treat for my eyes as I look out at yet another rainy day here. Thanks, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia. The texture from the embossing folder is subtle in the photograph and catches such wonderful shadows.

TK said...

Marcia, this is great! Love your coloring, and the press plate was the perfect choice for your card. Great card, Friend!

Bonnie said...

Beautifully colored, Marcia! I LOVE this pressed design!

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm loving the wildflower posy Marcia and I love the bold edge to your card with the twine detail. The added texture is the icing on the cake! Vicky x

Stef Perry said...

Such a beautiful design and your coloring looks fab, Marcia! The embossing was a brilliant touch too! Gorgeous card!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. Not only is the bouquet beautifully coloured, but the embossing and black strip really adds to much. You've created another "WOW" card, my friend. xx