Wednesday, May 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge Reminder #91 - Color Your Flower

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us this month at The Flower Challenge where we'd like to see you COLOR YOUR FLOWER(S).

I've been on a better press kick lately and had a new plate to try out from LDRS called Whispering Meadow.  Here's what I came up with...


A very CAS card and image, but I love it!  I used my Copics once again to color the image (C1, Y18, BV17, & G14).  I know it's hard to see in the photos but letter press is so cool looking with the image deeply etched into the cotton cardstock, rather than just sitting on the surface of the card like with stamping.  Definitely worth looking into if you've never tried it!

The sentiment also came with the set and is deeply etched into the cs too.  I finished by rounding the top right and bottom corners, adding black & white bakers twine and a few Disco Ball Sequins from Gina K.

The DT has some FABULOUS inspiration to inspire you to color up your flowers this month, and you can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Saturday, May 25th @ 5:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Your Betterpress cards are always inspiring Marcia! This one is gorgeous with that little wildflower cluster and that lovely sentiment. Love the rounded corners on the opening edge and the twine detail too. Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, to have the CAS gene so I could make cards this lovely! The rounded corners and twine on the spine are elevating touches. You know how to work it, Marcia! Gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Marcia, have a great time tomorrow with Michele! A little bit jelly! xo

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like we'll have to have a Betterpress day next time, Marcia! This is so lovely!
=]

TK said...

Really pretty, and I love your subtle coloring - I bought a couple LDRS press plates but did not see this one! So pretty

Birgit said...

You do CAS so well, Marcia, I just don't know when to stop. What a pretty impressed flower, colored to perfection! The bit of twine adds a nice touch of extra texture to this beautiful card.

Bonnie said...

What a pretty pressplate, Marcia! And I love the minimal coloring that keeps those beautiful daisies white. A lovely card, my friend!

Loll said...

Beautiful card using your pressplate, Marcia. Love the soft shading of those pretty daisies. The twine adds so much - love it! xx

Stef Perry said...

You added just the right finishing touches to complete your beautiful CAS card Marcia! Love the colors you used on the flower and I'm curious what ink you used with the press plates - everything I read or saw said the BP ink wasn't compatible with Copics, yet you use them beautifully with your card! So gorgeous!

Cat Craig said...

Such a pretty card, Marcia. Love the hit of gray on the petals for depth.

Bobby said...

Daisies are my favorite, Marcia, and these are so lovely I just want to pick them and put them in a vase. Wonderful CAS card!