Thursday, May 30, 2024

Heartfelt Blooms

Hello friends.  After seeing all the beautiful cards made with the Heartfelt Blooms stamp and stencil set from Alex Syberia Designs (ASD), I couldn't seem to help myself and put it in my cart!  Yes, I'm very weak, but when it comes to florals, I just don't seem to have any control!!  I also had some new 3D embossing folders to play with, and had fun making these 2 cards...


I used Gina K's light, medium & dark Orchid inks (the color is much deeper IRL!) to stencil my blooms in the top left and bottom right corners of my panel (I stamped the outline of the blooms with black ink first).  Next I ran the panel through with SSS's Layered Vine 3D embossing folder.


I added my panel to a top folding white card base, and because this panel was a little bit shorter than the card base, I added a thin black strip at the bottom...I like the grounded look it gives!  I finished with a sentiment from The Greetery's Opposites Attract stamp and die set and also a small butterfly die cut with silver sparkle cs using Poppystamps Butterfly Buttons dies.


My 2nd card uses the full stamped and stenciled image from Heartfelt Blooms, and SSS's Feather Spiral 3D embossing folder.  I love the look the embossing gives the flowers and the whole card!


Once again I used The Greetery's Opposites Attract stamp and die set for my sentiment, and the Butterfly Buttons dies for my little butterfly accent (Die cut from a scrap of card that had Lindy's Magicals on it, and then heat embossed with clear several times to give that lacquered look. A piece of copper cording tied the two butterfly layers together.) 

I'd like to add these two cards to the following challenges:







Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




10 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both stunning Marcia! I love the textured look of embossing over your stenciled images. I'll have to try to remember to try this. You always inspire me!!

I Card Everyone said...

Some supplies just want to come live with you, Marcia - this stencil set was surely one of them! Beautifully layered in gorgeous colors and the embossing sure does add something extra special to that image!
You're not going to believe it - I resisted that EF sale... this time! wink.
Two beautiful cards!
=]

Bonnie said...

WOW! What awesome stenciling, Marcia! I can see why this set jumped in your cart! I LOVE the look of embossing the whole panel and will be using that trick in the future! Two beautiful cards, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

WOW your stencil coloring and your embossing takes these cards right to the top of the fabulous list.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gorgeousness! As if the first card wasn't enough I'm blown away by the second! Love the embossing over the finished image. On the first card it almost has the effect of etched glass where it plays across the blooms. Striking colors on both, and your stenciling is perfection. I'm afflicted with that weakness of which you speak, sheesh.

Bobby said...

In ones or twos those flowers are beautiful in your chosen colors, Marcia. The first time I embossed over flowers I was scared I'd ruin the card but it turned out great and it looks wonderful with your cards.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using your new stamp and stencil set!! Gorgeous colours Marcia and I love them with the embossing. xx

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia, these are just GORGEOUS! You are SO talented!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B, Can You Handle the Pressure & Stencil Fun challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, are these ever fabulous! They're both beautiful, Marcia but I think the pink version is my favorite!

TK said...

Stunning -- gorgeous -- amazing! That's my three words, and no one will beg to differ, Marcia!