Thursday, May 16, 2024

Color Hues #87 - Coral & Teal

Hello friends.  Time for another challenge here at Color Hues and our sweet hostess Jules is looking for Coral and Teal this time around.

I loved playing with this color combo and used Concord & 9th's Folkart Flower Turnabout stamp set to come up with this card...


(My coral color photographed pretty well, but my teal looks more blue and in real life it's more of a greenish blue, so just pretend that there's a little more green than blue in my teal color.)  I started by stamping my turnabout with Tropical Teal and Coral Reef inks (Gina K) and then die cutting the image with PFS's Diagonal Stitched Circles.  I added my circle to a panel of Tropical Teal cs than I ran through with SU!'s Subtle embossing folder, and then attached both to a top folding white card base.  


  
I die cut my hello sentiment from black cs 3 times for some dimension and then stamped a sentiment strip using Gina K's A Little Hello stamp and die set.  I finished with some silver glitter dots that my sweet friend TK shared with me from Trinity Stamps.

We have lots of beautiful inspiration for you from the DT and our Special GD using this color combination, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us.  This challenge is open till Wednesday, May 29th @ 9:00AM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Julie B said...

What is it with teal that makes it look more blue in photos? Not to worry your pretty folksy card looks just great Marcia. I also love the textured teal background, why did SU retire that EF? :)

Bonnie said...

I love how you have light and dark shades of these colors, Marcia! A bright and pretty card!

I Card Everyone said...

i LOVE this one even more in real life! So pretty, Marcia!
=]

cm said...

Smitten with your Folkart Flower turnabout; truly the star of the stage here! Turnabouts are so much fun and they work wonderfully with pretty much any colour combinations. Your teals and corals here: perfect!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

This is a happy card, Marcia! Love the font on the hello die cut!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous -gorgeous- ALL the design teams are cards are so inspiring!!
I played along too -Thanks for sharing your creativity!!
-Kimberly W

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done Marcia.

Birgit said...

This is sweet in coral and teal tones. Photographing color in their true tones is so hard, but this card is amazing no matter what! What a fun turnabout card!

Nancy said...

Such a cute card, Marcia! Love the folk-art stamps and the bold greeting! Have a great day!

TK said...

What a fun use of the colors, Marcia! Love that the sweet silver dots put the sparkle in the right spots and added even more fun to your card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love what you did with all that luscious teal! It's a color I love to wear as well as stamp with. Your folk art turnabout is a super cute way to use the color mix and makes a fun background for the big "hello". Come to think of it, I love to wear coral, too. Lots of both colors in my closet!

Karen said...

I've never thought to use the turn-about stamps and then die cut a circle with them. Genius, Marcia! Your card is just fabulous, and the die cut greeting is a perfect finisher!

Stef Perry said...

The Folk Art florals are so cute in these colors and I love the design captured in a circle design! Those turnabouts are the coolest, right? I'm with you with struggles photographing teals or any blue-greens, it's so frustrating. But still you've made such a totally fab card Marcia! Love it!

Cindy Beach said...

I think the folk art florals are just perfect for displaying these colors. Your card is fabulous, Marcia! I really like the crimped circle die and lovely EF texture. I get it - I had trouble with BOTH shades appearing 'off' in my photo.

Julia Aston said...

These colors are beautiful on your folk art florals Marcia - so pretty in the circle - it reminds me of Pennsylvania Dutch art! Julia xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Teal is one of those chameleon colours that looks different in photographs usually. I had so much trouble getting a decent photo of my cards for this challenge! Your card is so beautiful Marcia, I love the turnabout that you used and the big scripty hello fits so perfectly. Love this my friend! xo