Monday, October 9, 2023

Double D Challenge - PINK OCTOBER

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals over at the Double D Challenge where they are celebrating PINK with this fun Halloween mood board...


I love PINK and with it also being breast cancer awareness month, how could I not play along?!  I have a pretty simple Halloween card to share today that will be going to my oldest granddaughter who will get a kick out of this sweet flying bear (Waffle Flower - Boo) that my dear friend Michele enabled me to buy...


 Isn't he just the cutest?!  I started by using the Cloud stencil from A Colorful Life with pink ink and my blender brush, and if you look closely you can see the round moon I masked off behind the vellum before I started stenciling the clouds.  The bear was stamped and colored with my Copics and then fussy cut out and added to the vellum strip I attached over the cloud/moon layer.  


I embossed one of the small ghosts from the stamp set (Boo) and also embossed in black the sentiment and bats in black from the Happy Halloween set that's also from Waffle Flower.  I finished with a few black enamel dots and a bit of WOS on the bears hat & broom.

Lots and lots of fun PINK cards from the DT and already in the gallery to inspire you, and you can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, Oct. 15th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia! I love your pink clouds! Quite often the first clouds I see in the morning are pink like these from the rising sun!
I adore that broom-riding Halloween bear - and I'm not going to apologize for enabling you! You made a magical card for your oldest granddaughter - she's going to be bewitched by it!
=]

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia ... this is soooo much fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. ** Don't forget you can also share this cute creation with us in our Halloween challenge called Two Old Bats (me & Diane! lol) You can find the link below.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Bobby said...

Your pink clouds are marvelous, Marcia, and what a great place for that broom riding bear to soar. It's not too scary for your granddaughter and she will fall in love with the bear.

Bonnie said...

What a fun Halloween card, Marcia! Your granddaughter will love it! I sure do!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, he IS a cutie and I love what you've done with him! The pink clouds are terrific. Your granddaughter is going to enjoy this, Marcia!

TK said...

Adorable! This guy is so cute, and yes, Michele has her ways... love your moon, cloud stenciling and Mr Bear whizzing right by

Birgit said...

This is simply adorable Marcia! Love this little guy on the bowed broom. I think that's what I would do to a broom too, if I were to hop on for a ride. ROTFL!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so adorable. Your granddaughter is going to love it. I also caught up on your last post with all those beautiful cards using the dry embossing with Re-Inker water coloring. I guess I need to go see their post and watch some videos.