Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #50

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge and trying to stay on top of finishing my Christmas cards for this year.  They have a wonderful mood board to inspire us.  Take look:

 

I was inspired by all 4 photos, but especially the lower right one, and here's what I came up with...


I started by die cutting my truck using Spellbinder's Truckin' Through The Seasons die set and then adding ink to the edges to give the truck a bit of an aged appearance.  The tree and the NOEL sentiment are all part of the die set.


I used SSS's Forrest Border 3D embossing folder for my background and then finished with some WOS on the tree in the truck and 2 Cardinals from PTI's In The Meadow die set (an oldie but a goodie that I use every Winter!!).  I was going to add a deer, but with the truck being larger, it just didn't fit size wise, so I added it to the inside of the card.  

Besides the great mood board, there's lots of awesome inspiration for you from the DT, so if you need to finish up your Christmas cards (OR get started!), this challenge is a great place to start!  You can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, November 2nd @ 8:00PM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

This is fabulous Marcia! The red truck is so striking against the white embossed background. Love it!!

Bonnie said...

You have the perfect die for this moodboard, Marcia! The embossed background is perfect to show the path to the tree lot! Fabulous card, my friend!

Bobby said...

Perfect die for the challenge, Marcia. I love the cardinals in the trees in the background.

I Card Everyone said...

I love your spiffy red pick-em-up truck, Marcia - think they'd trade for that Suburu?? ha!
I love it and thanks for reminding me of that gorgeous embossing folder - a beautiful start to a wonderful card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

My late mother-in-law always said that pick up trucks should be red! Yours is as cute as it can be. This is a delightful take on the challenge, Marcia!

TK said...

What a homey card, it brings memories of growing up and cutting down our own live trees -- wonderful card!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia, this is just AWESOME! Love it! Don't forget about our embossing folder challenge too ... link below for Can You Handle the Pressure! What a homey scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Leslie Miller said...

Hi Marcia. It's taking me a long time to get around to visiting blogs... slowly but surely. I've got quite a few of your posts saved to look at today. You know how I love everything you create. I have this truck set but have not yet used it for Christmas. I love it on the tree embossed background.

Loll said...

Sweet card Marcia!! Love the sparkle on the tree. xx

Maria said...

I saw your card over at the Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge!!Super cute card! Love the truck, cardinals and embossed background!

Susan said...

What a perfect take on our mood board! Love your truck and the beautiful white trees in the background. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!