Wednesday, October 11, 2023

The Flower Challenge #85 - 7th Birthday & Anything Goes

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with The Flower Challenge today where they are celebrating their 7th Birthday...woo-hoo!!  Hard to believe they've been around this long already as I can remember when they first started, and I don't think I've missed too many of their challenges!!  But then, I am a FLOWER lover!!  To celebrate this milestone, they are having an ANYTHING GOES challenge as long as you include a FLOWER!


 I felt compelled to make a birthday card since they are celebrating a birthday, and used the Wildwood stamp set from The Greetery that came out last month and I hadn't had a chance to use it yet.  Using Fall colors, here's what I came up with...


 I started with a PFS coverplate die (Dotted Chevron) for my background and then got to work stamping and die cutting all my flowers and leaves using mostly C&9th inks except for the leaves where I used SU!'s Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent.  After arranging everything, I glued and added foam tape, and then finished with a Gina K sentiment (So Many Sentiments) that was embossed in gold on a black strip and also added a few gold metallic pearls (PFS).


  Happy, Happy Birthday to The Flower Challenge and all their many talented designers...past and present!  I have loved this challenge right from the get go, and look forward to playing every month!  A BIG THANK YOU to Viv & Aileen for all their hard work over the years and a BIG WELCOME to Karren who will be taking over the challenge next month (you can read more about this on their site)!  This birthday celebration challenge will run till the 25th of this month and you can check out all the FABULOUS inspiration right HERE.   

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful floral card using Fall colours, Marcia. LOVE that background! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Such a wonderful bouquet, Marcia - thank you for joining us as we celebrate our 7th birthday. You have delighted us with your floral cards each time you've played along, and this month is no exception. I love all the rich colors of Autumn you've captured today!
I will be bringing a few extra panels of card to borrow that Chevron plate, my friend!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I like your wispy autumn wildflowers, Marcia! The background goes so well with the movement they have. This is a delightful card!

Viv said...

You are so good at floral cards Marcia! Beautiful make. x

Bobby said...

Your Fall bouquet is wonderful and arranged so beautifully on that fabulous chevron background die, Marcia. Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us at The Flower Challenge. It's always a pleasure to see your floral cards, my friend.

Bonnie said...

It seems like this challenge just started. My, how time flies! Beautiful flowers here with the fall colors and I love how the background adds just a little something without taking the interest from the flowers! Great job, my friend!

Birgit said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marcia! I love the dotted background and the fall colors you used on the flowers. Such a stunning card!

Viv said...

Wow such a stunning card Marcia! thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' too ;) hugs Viv DT xx

Stef Perry said...

I may be repeating my IG comment, but this is absolutely gorgeous, Marcia! I love the flowers in the fall hues and your design is wonderful. So glad you helped us celebrate our 7th birthday at The Flower Challenge this month!