Tuesday, October 3, 2023

O CHRISTMAS TREE

Hello friends.  I am pretty much in full on Christmas mode lately, and have a few cards to share with you today using new Waffle Flower products...the first being the Triangle Tree stamp and stencil.  Such a simple little set, but it makes it so easy to create FUN and festive triangle shaped trees.  Take a look at my 1st try...


I stamped the trees in Versafine Black Onyx ink and then used the coordinating stencils and ink blended in rainbow order.  I used the sentiments from the set on an angle on the sides of the trees, except for "Christmas", which I embossed in white on a black strip and then added foam tape behind for a bit of dimension.  A few clear drops at the tops of the trees finished this simple CAS card.


  For my 2nd card, I embossed the tree lines in gold and then used the stencils to ink blend all in pink.  My sentiments were also embossed in gold.  And then of course I had to add that sweet little Folk Art Reindeer from Waffle Flower that my sweet friend Michele enabled me to buy!  The back layer is gold mirror cardstock and the top layer kraft cardstock.  


 My last card is a variation of my 2nd card in different colors...Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen (SU!).


Same exact design, but embossed the tree lines in white and then used the triangle (tree) stamps instead of the stencils to add the colors to the trees.  The little reindeer is once again cut out of kraft cs with the top layer having a bit of ink blending on it.


I added gold pearls to the tops of the trees on this card and voila`...another CAS card to add to my stash!

I'll be adding the 1st card to the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge where I was inspired by the colorful lit up tree in the bottom right corner of the mood board.


I'd also like to add all 3 cards to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since the stamps, dies, and stencil are all new to me and never been used before.




Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




12 comments:

Loll said...

These are all so sweet, Marcia. You've certainly made good use of your new stamp and stencil trees from Waffle Flower. LOVE the colours!! And that FolkArt Reindeer is adorable. Fun, fun, fun! aa

Cat Craig said...

YOu've had a productive play with your new stuff. These cards are cute and festive.

Birgit said...

All three cards are just as sweet as can be! I love the tree stencil and the colors you've used for each card. Yes, that folk art deer is darling too!

I Card Everyone said...

I've been patiently waiting for that sweet little reindeer to show up on your blog - you never disappoint! So darling with these triangular trees. I love them all, but especially admire the way you've stamped your sentiments on the pink trees. But who am I kidding? you know those dusty SU greens always win the race for me!
Fabulous Christmas cards, Marcia!
=]

Bonnie said...

Three fantastic Christmas cards, Marcia! Love the variation in colors and how each is unique! The cute reindeer goes perfectly with these triangular trees!

Lisa Elton said...

What fun little trees and I like the way you added your sentiments following their angles! That little reindeer set found a good home with you too. Cute cards, Marcia!

TK said...

Sweet CAS cards, and even made better by Mr Reindeer! Love the dual layers of the trees and deer

Bobby said...

I love your rainbow trees, Marcia, but the others are just as lovely. I have a similar stamp from another company and I'm going to get it out and CASE your cards.

Diane said...

OMGosh, I LOVE all the various cards, and I bought that reindeer too and haven't had time to use it yet, now I want to more then ever!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Darnell said...

Speaking of enabling, Marcia, don't you wonder sometimes just how many products you've sold for a company because of one of your posts? I'll bet it's a lot, my friend! All three of these cards really showcase how great this set is and adding the folk art reindeer was genius! Thank you so much for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (Sorry to be so late. Just getting back to Blogland after all our company and traveling to visit my sisters ... feels good to be home! Anita and I send hugs back to you!)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love these! The first with the colorful trees is eye catching, and then you added the reindeer to the others... I love that deer! I'm feeling enabled, but trying to hold off as I haven't even been crafting lately. I need to get busy on my Christmas cards. This has been a fun visit. I'm sorry I'm so far behind and can't comment on everything. I know you understand. Hugs!