Monday, October 23, 2023

Double D Challenge - PUMPKINS

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge where they are looking for PUMPKINS!


What a fun mood board, right??!  I have a twofer for you today using my new favorite pumpkin dies from The Greetery (Plump Pumpkins).  I love that both of the dies in this set are so big...they really make a focal point on your card!  Here's the 1st one...


I started with a new 3D embossing folder from SSS called Falling Leaves and luckily was able to put it through my electronic Big Shot before it died a few days ago!  Grrrrrrr!!  That machine has been a workhorse for the last 7 years and I've loved it!  Anyway, a new Platinum 6 is on its way (hopefully soon!) and hopefully that will take care of all my die cutting, embossing, foiling, & better press needs!  Now back to the card...I used the smaller pumpkin (so I wouldn't cover up too much of that beautiful embossed background!) which I die cut in white and then used DOX inks to color it up.  The "boo" is also a SSS die and the hat is from SU!'s Spooky Cat stamp set.  A few orange glitter dots and some twine finished off this not too spooky card!


My 2nd card also uses the Plump Pumpkin dies, and this time I cut them from some scraps of dsp I had in my paper bin.  (I think the dotted one is PTI but not too sure about the plaid one.)  I also did some ink sponging around the edges of both pumpkins with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to make them stand out a bit more.  I used another embossing folder for my background (FSJ - Fall Leaves) and also used the same SSS boo die set for my sentiment.  I added a couple googly eyes for fun!  A little bit of twine around the dsp stems finished off this fun little card.


   And here they both are together.  Do you have a favorite?  I like how both turned out...sweet and not too scary!  Check out all the fabulous pumpkin cards from the DT HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Sunday, October 29th @ 8:00PM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I have a favorite!! BOTH! The orange is so lifelike, and the other two just make me smile!
LOve that BOO no matter what the toppings! FAB BOO LOUS cards, Marcia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness, what a marvelous pumpkin die! I like the traditional orange version but those patterned ones are pretty darn cute too. Perfectly delightful cards, Marcia!

Birgit said...

These are both just as cute as can be! They're both my favorite!!

TK said...

Two adorable cards! Those pumpkins are wonderful with their texture and sit beautifully on the background texture too

Bonnie said...

What a great set of pumpkin dies, Marcia! I love it colored in orange, but the paper pumpkins made my jaw hit the floor! Love those googly eyes too!

Birgit said...

I'm back for a double dose because one peek wasn't enough. So happy that you linked your delightful cards up to the Double D Challenge. I wish you the best of luck!

Bobby said...

What a wonderful pumpkin die, Marcia. It looks good in the original color but I also love the soft taupe plaid and polka dot.

Leslie Miller said...

I can see I'm going to have a fun visit here today! I'm slowly catching up and you have a real treasure trove of cards to enjoy. I love these pumpkins! In a perfect world I would have all The Greetery dies. I'm so impressed. Will have to work on that. Look at that fabulous embossing folder, too. A favorite? Hmmmm... well, I have to say I love the patterned paper and the eyes on the second card, but the first is really cute with the color and the witch's hat. It's a toss up!