Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge today and sharing a card I made for a sweet friend.


Here's what I came up with...


I was inspired/enabled by a friend (thanks Richard!) to buy Tim Holtz's Moon Masks and started my background by masking off the circle and then ink blending with lighter to darker blue, purple, and black inks.  I then splattered water to give the illusion of stars in the sky.  Once it was dry I used the 2nd part of the Moon Masks to create the look of the craters (?) or whatever they're called on the surface of the moon.  I just love the way this background turned out!


Next I added the cat (SU! Spooky Cat) that I stamped in black and then fussy cut out, along with a stamped pumpkin from Gina K's Breath of Sunshine stamp and die set, and then finished off with a pair of googly eyes and a die cut boo sentiment from SSS.  Not too spooky but definitely FUN!!

Lots of awesome Halloween inspiration from the DT and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Saturday, October 28th.  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I LOVE that cat! and Richard has shown you the way to a most wonderfully spooky moon and sky - bravo!
=]

Diane said...

What an awesome card and that background wowzers, it is fabulous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute Halloween card, Marcia! That cat is oodles of fun and your background looks amazing!

Bobby said...

Love that full moon and the beautifully blended sky, Marcia. The stamping on the cat is such a fun look.

TK said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Marcia. I love the inking but your elements are also pretty cool too -- beautiful & fun!

Birgit said...

The card is as cute as can be and that cat is fabulous!! What a great design. I've seen that moon and wondered if I needed to add it to my list of "must-haves". You are an enabler, my friend.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this cat and need to get him out again. Your background is AWESOME, Marcia! A perfect Halloween sky! Cute and fun!

Fran Wing said...

This is a great card, Marcia! The googly eyes are a perfect addition! Thank you for including our challenge.
Xoxo, Fran/DT

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, I love the cat, and the moon is way cool, too! I'm feeling more enabled with every blog post, but I've been good about waiting till things get more normal here. I have tons of stuff in my not-yet-used baskets. I love how you mix it up on your cards. Thanks for a great visit, Marcia!