Sunday, October 29, 2023

Fun with Michele Part 2

Hello friends.  Just a quick post this morning with a few more cards that I made with some of the Anita Jeram images from my play date with Michele almost 2 weeks ago and didn't have time to finish up to put in my first post HERE.  Four cards to share with a couple of sweet pups and snowmen...let's get started.


Isn't he a cutie?!  He comes from the Sweetest Snowman Mini stamp set and I colored him up with my Copics and then mounted him on a panel that I had stamped the snowflake from CCC's BIG & BOLD: Wishes Snowflake stamp set.  The sentiment also comes from that same set, and I also added a small vellum die cut circle (The Greetery's Nordic Circle Dies) behind the snowman along with a few iridescent clear drops from PFS.  


Here's the same snowman but put on a Scalloped Frame from The Stamp Market that my sweet friend Lisa had sent me awhile back.  It's actually a 4 piece frame set...


There is also a piece to put on the back so that the card will stand up like an easel.  The top oval piece I ran through my die cut machine with SSS's 3D Icy Snowflakes embossing folder before adding the snowman (foam tape behind him for dimension) and sentiment strip (Gina K).  I also ink blended the scalloped piece with Ocean Mist ink (Gina K) and then finished with a silver brad so the card could slide open and also a few silver dots around the sentiment. 


Here's that fun pup from the Christmas Hats stamp set, and this time I added him to another one of those BIG & BOLD: Wishes Snowflake stamped with Tranquil Teal ink (Gina K) and another sentiment that's included in that same snowflake set.  


I also added TH's Distress Mica Flakes that I've had FOREVER and never remember to use!  It is such a cool look on this big and bold snowflake...going to have to remember to use this stuff more often!!


 My last card comes from the All is Bright stamp set and like all the others is colored up with my Copics and added to a card base along with a Ornate Rectangle Frame from PFS.  Very CAS but I didn't want to add anything else that would take away from the cuteness of the pup staring up at the Christmas tree lights and the sentiment...sometimes simple is just better!

So now that I've used up all my images from our last play date, I better get another date set up so I can go "borrow" some more goodies from sweet Michele...she has the best stuff to play with!!  Thanks again so much for sharing my sweet friend...you're the best!!  :0)


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

Loll said...

All four cards are adorable, Marcia. What fun you had with Michele! I LOVE that sweet little snowman, so awesome placed over the large snowflake. And the mica flakes add some lovely texture and sparkle. I have those two and forget to use them, thanks for the inspiration. Your pup is so adorable, you just want to reach out and rub his belly! :) xx

I Card Everyone said...

Oh MAN! I wish I had known you had that big, beautiful snowflake, Marcia! There HAS to be another playdate soon!
It is so wonderful with that tiny little snowman - mica IS fun, too!
I love how you've colored that pup under the tree - it could be our friend Leslie's puppy 'large sized', right?
Four more incredibly cute Christmas cards, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

Good for you using up all your play date images, Marcia! That big snowflake is perfect for the fun snowman! I love the way the second card opens with the brad! Both pups are adorable all ready for Christmas. It will be here before we know it!

TK said...

Wow! No wonder you couldn't get everything together for one post!! They're all adorable, and definitely fun like Michele and you had. Very cute cards

Lisa Elton said...

These are oodles of fun, Marcia! I love the way you used the frame for that cutie patootie snowman!

Birgit said...

These are all so wonderful! The giant snowflake makes the perfect backdrop for the snowman and pup. The addition of the mica flakes is like the icing on the cake. I adore the last card though, with the dog laying under the tree. Looks like he's waiting for a good belly rub and such a sweet sentiment to boot!

Bobby said...

I think it's a tie with who has the best stuff between you and Michele, Marcia. It's all good, only different, and you both make such wonderful cards with whatever you use.

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, these are all darling! Sweet and clever. I lovelovelove them!