Monday, October 16, 2023

Color Hues #74 - YELLOW & KRAFT

Hello friends.  It's time for another Color Hues Challenge and for these last two weeks of October, our hostess Hannelie would like for us to use the colors YELLOW and KRAFT.


I admit I was a little stumped at first with this color combo, but once the wheels started turning, then all kinds of ideas hit!  Don't worry though...I won't keep you here all day with oodles and oodles of cards!!  Just one!  Take a look...


This hello autumn image from Penny Black has always been a favorite of mine, so I colored her up with my Copics in the challenge colors and have to admit I really like the way she turned out!  I think in the past I've always colored her up in blue jean coveralls, but I kinda like the kraft color for something different.  And of course her bright yellow sweater really brightens things up so she matches the falling leaves!  We have a Norwegian Maple tree in our front yard that turns the prettiest yellow/gold in the Fall and is always a sight to see!


I used a kraft card base and then added a frame from PTI's Pierced Feature Frame Dies that I ran a kraft ink cube over to add a bit of a wood look to the frame.  I still felt like the card needed something, so I ran the stamped image through an older FSJ Falling Leaves embossing folder and that definitely perked things up!  I finished with adding some twine to the top and had to laugh when I couldn't open the card up...yep, mistakenly wrapped the twine around the back of the card instead of the inside!  Luckily an easy fix!!

We have lots of lovely inspiration for you from our DT, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till October 28th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I don't think I have to tell you how much I love this little darling - I've borrowed her SO many times!
LOve her brown overalls and yellow sweater! LOve it!
You've got my juices flowing, my friend - and can't wait to be welcomed by that beautiful Maple in her Autumn glory...
=]

Nancy said...

Penny Black makes the most darling stamps. I love how you lightly colored her and the frame around the gorgeous embossing folder adds so much warmth to the Autumn scene. Great use of the colors, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

I just love this little sweetie every time I see her! I think we had her in one of our 12 Kits, didn't we? Darling card, Marcia and just perfect in this color combo. I'll bet that tree of yours is gorgeous!

Julie B said...

I love how this turned out Marcia. Your cute image is coloured beautifully and the embossed background works so well, I might have to try out that idea! :)

Bobby said...

Your little girl is adorable, Marcia, and I love the rustic Fall look the frame gives the card.

Loll said...

I can see why this is one of your favourite images ... she is so adorable! And I love it with the embossed leaves and the framing Marcia. Sweet card! xx

Bonnie said...

I always love seeing this little leaf-raker, Marcia! I love the kraft coveralls with the yellow sweater and the embossed leaves blowing around her make this a perfect fall scene!

Birgit said...

I will always love this little darling! She's very sweet dressed in her yellow sweater and khaki overalls. I can imagine her raking up all those leaves in your front yard. Brings back memories of me raking all the leaves into a big pile and jumping in them. So much fun!

TK said...

What a sweet card, Marcia! Love the sweet girl, the perfect embossing folder and all that kraft -- wonderful

Cindy Beach said...

She is such a sweetie! I love her colored in yellow jeans. Wish I lived close enough to borrow, ha! The embossing is a lovely touch too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia what a sweet PB image you used, she is a doll combined with the embossed background it makes for a beautiful autumn card!

Stef Perry said...

This is such a wonderful card, Marcia! That little girl couldn't be cuter and you've colored her up perfectly. I really love the embossed background and the frame that brings it all together. Pretty, pretty card, my friend!

cm said...

Your little girl is absolutely adorable, especially dressed in kraft and yellow. Pairing her with the Fall Leaves embossed background makes for a cute, sweet, charming card!
~carol