Friday, October 27, 2023

Fun with Michele - October 2023

Hello friends.  Had a fun play date with Michele last week, even though Michele had car problems and my 7 year old electronic Big Shot died!  We didn't let it get us down and still had fun stamping, laughing, talking, and of course eating (I made chilli and Michele brought yummy chocolate cupcakes!!)  I have 5 cards to share with you and I think Michele has a million (JUST KIDDING!!), so sit back and get comfy while I show you what I played with!


Michele had some new Anita Jeram (Colorado Craft Co.) to play with including this sweet pup from the Christmas Hats set.  I colored him with my Copics and added a bit of glitter to his hat brim and pompom before adding him to a foiled background (PFS Hearts Grid) and a snowflake layer embossed with SU!'s Winter Snow embossing folder.  The foiled hearts are red and really SHINE IRL!  My little tag is from PTI's Tiny Tags with the coordinating stamp/die set.


Michele also brought her Waffle Flower Postage Collage Die and a couple coordinating stencil sets for me to play with, and I just love how these next two cards turned out!  I used all PFS inks with the Christmas stencils and also a gold fine liner pen that I outlined the ornament lines with and also the Poinsettia centers and dots.  Hard to see in the photo, but the gold really jazzes it up!  Added glitter to the snow on the bottom right rectangle and my sentiment is die cut from mirror gold cardstock using MB's Special Merry Christmas die.  


Can you see my oops with this Everyday stencil?  I spent so much time lining every space up with post it notes so I wouldn't get ink in the wrong place, and then decided to use some postage stamps from The Greetery's (Pretty Postmarks) set and stamped the Special Delivery circle upside down...grrrrrrrrr!!!  (top center)  Couldn't believe I did that, but after all the time I spent lining everything up with the stencils, there was no way I was going to start over!  The smaller sentiments are from SSS's Tiny Words stamp set.


Can you tell I'm on a red and white kick with these cards??  I think this card turned out to be my favorite, and I just used one of the Postage Collage die cuts and then went through all my Anita Jeram stamps and picked out the tiniest images  and stamped them in the squares and rectangles and then colored them with my Copics.  I used SSS's Holiday Tiny Words stamp set for all my sentiments and then finished with a few of Gina K's Disco Ball sequins.  Simple and oh so CUTE!!


My last card is a Spellbinder's Press Plate (Joyeux Noel) that Michele gifted me with awhile back, and I pressed it into some really cool paper Michele had found that has these wavy lines going through it!  It's not as thick as the regular cotton cardstock that you use with the letter press plates, so the impression isn't as noticeable, but the cool wavy lines totally make up for it!!


  You can see the impressions of the wavy lines a bit better in this close up.  I water colored the image using my SU! inks and an aqua painter, and then finished up with a few more of those Gina K Disco Ball sequins and some WOS on the holly leaves.  CAS in these classic Christmas colors and I love the way it turned out!

So even though we had problems with cars and die cutting machines last week, we still managed to make cards and have a wonderful time!  Make sure you check out Michele's post HERE and prepare to be blown away...Michele NEVER disappoints!!  Thanks sweet friend for another wonderful play date!!
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, YOU have really done such a great job with that collage set - I can't wait to borrow your idea of working in those darling CCC images myself! I have to say I never would have noticed the topsy turvy stamping because the heart is perfect!
LOve your pup and his bright red cap! and of course, your petit oiseau in his holiday best!
My car is all fixed, and we've got your machine running again - even if not 'as good as new!'
Thanks for another great day - hope we get another before that white crud flies!
=]

Bonnie said...

I am so jealous, Marcia! Only stamping with a dear friend can put car trouble and the demise of a favorite tool take a back seat! ALL of your cards are fantastic, my friend! Love the Christmas pup and that tiny tag! Such a fun Christmas card! All three of the postage stamp cards are fantastic! I think the one with the tiny critters is my favorite too. I LOVE the texture on the last card and the vintage look of it! I'm impressed that you accomplished so much in one session. Nance & I got together recently and I don't think we got much of anything done except talking.

HilaryJane said...

You clearly had the most productive of days, despite the troubles. That little stamping error can easily be forgiven so don't beat yourself up about it. I think we all wish we lived close enough to Michele to have craft dates. She would be overwhelmed. It is good to see how your creativity rubs off on each other. Thanks for sharing it all xx

Loll said...

What a fun day!! Thank you for sharing all your fantastic cards you made with Michele. They are all amazing, Marcia. I especially love those postage stamp cards ... might have to go buy that!! :) So many ways to use it. Awesome! That last card is gorgeous with your colouring and all that gorgeous texture from the paper. Great work! xx

Birgit said...

What a fun day you two had and so productive, despite all the struggles you faced starting out. I'm in love with the postage stamp cards!! I finally caved and ordered them and they should be arriving today. I especially love how you added all the darling Anita Jeram images to the postage stamps. I would buy those stamps in a heartbeat at my local post office. I'm thinking the US Postal Service should commission all the crafty designs we've been seeing lately coming from these postage sets. The pup with the red hat is darling and that bird in the final card is truly stunning. My goodness, I'm just in awe of all your cards and didn't want to see this post end.

TK said...

Michele never disappoints, but your creations are equally fantastic! I love the way you used the postage die but really, ALL your cards are wonderful! Such fun to have a friend to gather together with!

Karen said...

I'm so envious of these play dates--and amazed at how productive they are! This is one fantastic group of cards. Like you, my fave is the Anita Jeram one--love how the Tiny Words stamp is just perfect for those postage squares!

Lisa Elton said...

I always enjoy our visit with Michele posts and seeing the goodies you two share! These are all perfectly delightful. I love the AJ critters on the postage dies!

Bobby said...

You really accomplished a lot during your play date, Marcia. It's nice to be able to borrow a friend's supplies to make different cards and your use of the collage is wonderful, especially the one with all the mice.

Leslie Miller said...

Oops, I didn't even notice the upside down postmark until you mentioned it. What a fun time you and Michele had. I would never accomplish that much during a stamping play date, especially with chile and cupcakes! One card maybe. These sure are cute and fun! Sorry about your Big Shot. I wouldn't know what to do without mine. Glad you have a new cutter on the way!