Monday, March 25, 2024

Double D Challenge - GREEN

Hello friends.  The Double D Challenge is having a GREEN (Shamrock/Clover) challenge right now, and because it's snowing out, I'm in a Christmas mood rather than shamrocks and clover!


Fun inspiration photos, but as I said, it's snowing today (Grrrrrrr!!) so I'm just following the GREEN prompt and going Christmas!  I pulled out one of my favorite MFT stamps (Santa's Elves) and had fun with some GREEN Copics and GREEN foiling.  Here's what I came up with...


I mean, how can you resist a face like that??!  He sure looks ready to Deck The Halls all dressed in GREEN to me!  After coloring him, I foiled my background using Spellbinders Geometric Optical Background Hot Foil Plate with GREEN foil and placed it behind a panel I used MFT's Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window die on.


I was hoping to capture the shine of the GREEN foil for you, but just not enough good light today!  In real life though, it makes a fun contrast to the little elf!  My pre-printed sentiment strip is from SSS.  

You can check out all the GREEN inspiration right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Sunday, March 31st @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

This little elf is looking dapper in his green suit. The green geometric background is perfect for him as well. Very, very cute! We got about a foot of snow Saturday into Sunday too, topped off with a heavy does of rain so it was super heavy and hard to clean up. Bring on spring!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, I can never resist smiling when I see that adorable face! OR his turned-up toes!
So darling, Marcia! I'm seeing [brownish] green grass today!
=]

Bonnie said...

This little guy always makes me smile and I love all that green! The green foiling is a brilliant idea and makes this extra special!

Lisa Elton said...

This little fella always brings a smile, Marcia! I like that wee bit of foiling you added behind him. Very cute card!

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, your elf is cute from ear to ear, and I absolutely LOVE your beautiful CAS design for him! The window is gorgeous perfection. I'm so glad you chose to go this direction with your card, Marcia. Shamrocks are definitely NOT required. Thank you for playing along with this darling card!

TK said...

I love these sweet elves, and your card is no exception! What a brilliant idea to put a stained-glass window behind him!

Donna Phelan said...

Ugh....snow....that's such a 4 letter word lol Sorry! The green prompt works! :) Super cute, super sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Green-Clover-Shamrock-Luck Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Cindy H. said...

Love this sweet Christmas card!

Bobby said...

I've always loved those elves, Marcia, and he looks so dapper all dressed in green.

Cat Craig said...

Awesome card, love that foiled background.