Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Playdate with Michele & TK

Hello friends.  As you can see from the title of my post, I had another playdate with Michele two weeks ago and she had a special guest at her house...TK all the way from Washington state!  I had been commenting back and forth with TK for awhile, but had never met her in person till going to Michele's.  We played, laughed, hugged, and of course ate (I've mentioned before that Michele is a fabulous cook, haven't I?!!) just like we'd known each other forever!  Definitely a FUN day and one I'll hold close for years and years to come!

Before I share my cards that we started that day, I have to tell you that my sentiments and embellishments are not where I would have put them if I hadn't had an accident.  Yes my friends, with all my card pieces and several cards for up coming posts laying out on my desk, I had just taken a mouthful of hot cocoa and wouldn't you know it, a BIG sneeze came out of nowhere and splattered all my work with brown hot cocoa spots!  GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!  And it wasn't like I could just restamp or stencil the images I'd worked on with Michele & TK as the stamps and stencils were all Michele's and at her house!!  (NOTE TO SELF...NEVER drink hot cocoa at your stamping desk!!)  Anyway, I was able to save my cards with some strategically placed sentiments, trimming, and embellishments, so all wasn't lost!  Well except for my last butterfly card that I had brought for everyone to color...I did have to re-stamp mine as there were just too many chocolate spots to cover up on that one.  So now let's get started...


  This first card is using a stamp and die set from The Stamp Market called Peony Dreams and was stamped with Gina K Orchid inks for the peony and PFS inks for the leaves.  (If you look real close on the leaves, there are some light brown spots that are NOT planned splatters!)  I placed the die cut flower on a Mint Julip layer (PTI) that I believe is from a Poppystamps cover plate die that my sweet friend Lisa sent me awhile ago. I used a white card base underneath and then added a foiled sentiment using pink foil on black (Spellbinders) and finished with some Disco Ball sequins (Gina K).


 This card uses Altenew's Build A Garden: Pristine Peonies and as you can probably tell from the placement of the sentiment, that the purple flower took a pretty big hit of the hot cocoa!  Oh well, it is what it is!  The foiled gold sentiment is from Spellbinders (Everyday Sentiments II) and the background is using Lawn Fawn's Quilted Backdrop over a white card base.  This card was finished with a few purple gems from PFS.


This card was also from the Altenew Build A Garden: Pristine Peonies and was stenciled in light pinks and greens using residual ink from my blending brushes.  This card fared the best from the hot cocoa splatters and I only had to trim a tiny bit off the top center petal and then attached it to a white panel.  Because there wasn't much dimension with the only two layers of stenciling on this flower, I used Altenew's Beautiful Bergenia embossing folder on my panel before attaching to a black panel and white card base.  Another hot foiled sentiment and a bit of bakers twine on the side and this card was finished.


My last card is the winged wreath from Penny Black that was stamped in Versa Fine Black Onyx and then heat embossed in clear before being colored in rainbow order with my Copics.


  Here's a close up so you can see my coloring a bit better.  My sentiment was a gifted die from my sweet friend Birgit for my birthday last month and is called Mini Expressions - Stacked Make A Wish from Creative Expressions.  A few Disco Ball sequins also finished off this bright and fun card.

So there you have it...another FUN playdate with friends.  You can check out Michele and TK's posts HERE and HERE to see what they did with these same images...I'm sure they'll knock your socks off as usual!  Thanks again sweet friend for inviting me over to play with your never ending supply of "toys" and always feeding us with such YUMMY food, and of course all the laughter and hugs.  And TK, it was such a joy to me to meet you and get to know you better, and of course share hugs and laughter too!  What a fabulous day it was all around! :0) 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You saved the day, Marcia - or should I say your cards? I know it was a terrible thing to happen, but I can't help but giggle now that I see there is nary a sign of your sneeze!
Let's start with those darling butterflies - a rainbow of delight and it makes me excited about their season... think the snow will stop by June?
Embossing that single Peony was the way to go to bring some life to such a flat image - I just love that you used two different ink families for your Peony pair. I will definitely be revisiting that one.
LOve every cover panel and gem/disco ball - Donna Summer comes to mind every time you use those, Marcia!
I loved having the two of you here! Of course, it went too quickly as is always the case when crafting with friends!
Thanks so much for sharing your darling wreath - and friendship!
=]

TK said...

GIRL, you made some amazing cards out of the toys we shared! Your peonies are perfect, and I love the green trellis, to the Winged Beauty. Splatters or not, I did not get distracted and didn't even notice them until your mention. Your cards are all amazing, and so glad we got to be-friend each other IRL, craft together (my dream!), eat and be very, very merry!!! This playdate will forever stay in my brain as a wonderful, blessed time. Thank you!

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, good on you to save those cards. I think they're lovely. You make great color choices and texture additions. I can tell from the cards you had a good time together crafting away. Those bright butterflies are amazing. So glad you had this opportunity.

Birgit said...

You did an amazing job saving your cards from your mishap. Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh a little over that. ;0) Each card is a delightful array of spring. So glad you had such a fun time getting together with your stamping buddy and making a new stamping friend as well. So much fun!

HilaryJane said...

Oh no, I feel for yo and your unfortunate sneeze. That is the sort of thing that happens to me. You rescued your cards very well. There would be no knowing if you hadn't told us. A beautiful collection xx

Bonnie said...

I don't see any splatters that don't fit perfectly, Marcia! I know your heart dropped when that happened! You are the Queen of Saves, my friend because you have three gorgeous peony cards and your rainbow of butterflies is so pretty! How special that you could spend the day with both Michele and TK!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, you covered your sneezing incident quite well! I can only imagine the look on your face! All of your cards turned out beautifully, as they always do! That butterfly wreath is just the sweetest. I might have to look into that one. And yes, the first cover die is by Poppystamps, it's the Penelope Pinpoint Frame!

Bobby said...

I gasped when I read the first part of your post, Marcia. Accidents with cards can be heartbreaking but you recovered well, my friend. I gasped again when I saw the bright purple peony. So gorgeous! The other peonies are delightful and I would never have thought to use a flower embossing folder over another flower. Great look. I hope that I can get together with you and Michele some time this summer.

Leslie Miller said...

Not a single flaw in these cards comes through in the finished products. Everything looks absolutely perfect! You are one clever crafter, Marcia. This is beauty all the way through and I have to say you definitely ended on a high note with those sweet butterflies. I absolutely love the rainbow colors! Your crafty day with friends is the best kind of day. Thank you for including the rest of us!

Loll said...

Wow! Four amazing cards, Marcia! Each one is so special ... your work is inspiring, my friend! So great to hear you had a wonderful time with Michele and TK. Playing with crafting friends is the BEST! xx

Julia Aston said...

So jealous of your wonderful playdate Marcia! and what beautiful cards you created - great save on your cocoa incident - I have done so many similar things - knocked over my coffee, put a just finished card right on a black ink pad, or a puddle of glue - I could go on and on. what beautiful colors, florals and die cuts on all of these! Julia xx

baileyrosy.com said...

I just had to pop over after visiting Michele's blog to see the wonderful cards she mentioned. Boy was she right what a talented trio of ladies you are. Your cards are stunning even despite the sneeze and your sentiment placement looks fine to me.

Marie

baileyrosy.com said...

I popped over to Marica and TK's blogs and I'm so glad I did!!! What a talented trio you are and it sounds like you had an amazing day. A great menu, fabulous cards, and wonderful friends doesn't get much better than that.

Marie