Monday, March 18, 2024

Time Out Challenge #259 & Just Us Girls #718

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with both the  Time Out Challenge and the Just Us Girls challenge where they are both collaborating with each other and are looking for BIRDS on our cards.


I'm always in need of birthday cards and hadn't played with my Concord & 9th Tweet Life stamp and stencil set in quite awhile, so that's how this card started out.  Take a look...


Aren't they cuties?!  I love how big they are...makes it easy to fill up a card!!  I started by simply stenciling the two birds in pinks & oranges and turquoise blues & greens and then stamped the details in black.


I ran my panel through with an older Cuttlebug dotted ef before adding it to an Audrey Blue panel (SSS) that I die cut using The Greetery's Crimped Rectangle Die and then attached both panels to a white card base.


I finished with a sentiment strip that I embossed in white on black and added a bit of bakers twine to the one end and then popped up on foam tape for a bit of dimension.  I used a white gel pen to add the accents to the party hats and also added tiny coordinating pom poms (SU!) to their hats.  A couple Disco Ball sequins finished off my card.

LOTS of inspiration from both challenges and you can play in these challenges till Wednesday, March 27th.

P.S.  All the origami birds were made by one of my daughters when she was in middle school (she's almost 33 now) and she must have made thousands of them...of course I had to keep a few! :0) 


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm loving your party birds, Marcia! I think this might be my first time meeting these guys... how is that possible? lol Such a fun card - it would make any old bird happy to have another birthday!
Your daughter came by her love of paper naturally! So fun!
=]

Carol said...

What a fun card!!! Those colorful and joyful birds made me smile!! The texture you added behind them is fabulous! So happy to see this card in our gallery at Just Us Girls! Thanks for joining us!

Cat Craig said...

Those are some sweet happy birds. Love your layers and crimping details.

Leslie Miller said...

These birds are so happy and fun, smiling with their eyes and singing their sentiment! Cute party hats with the pompoms and dots and stripes. Also love the all-over embossed dots. Yes, you did have to keep a few of those origami birds. My son is 48 and I still have a large drawerful of things he made in grade school.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm smitten with your fun polka dot birds, Marcia! I was so happy to spot them in out JUGs gallery. Your daughter's origami birds are fantastic, of course you need to keep a few!

Bonnie said...

These birds are amazing, my friend! What a great birthday card that sure brought a smile to my face!

TK said...

Really fun and playful, your birds are definitely ready for a party, if presented the opportunity! Love the bright colors. AND we have ANOTHER thing in commong -- an orgamist daughter in the family! I have a few around my home as well

My Paper Epiphany said...

So adorable Marcia! It put a big smile on my face! So happy you joined in the fun for The Time Out/JUGS Collab Challenge.

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, is this ever cute!!! I love those big, happy birds!!! Your colors are fabulous and the polka dotted background makes this even more joyful. I love that you've saved some of your daughters origami artwork Makes for a great photo prop. Wish we lived closer, I'd be borrowing this cute set...

Bobby said...

Those birds are so fun, Marcia. They have such happy looks on their faces and are obviously enjoying the party atmosphere. Thanks for sharing this darling card with us at Time Out and Just Us Girls.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These birds make me VERY happy!!!! I could not love this card more than I do. I LOVE the embossing and the way you inked those darling birdies. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Time Out/Just Us Girls challenge.

cm said...

Celebration happening all over your card with your pretty party birds. The dots are a delightful special touch! Thrilled to see this in the Just Us Girls + Time Out galleries.
~carol

Greta said...

Those origami birds are so neat! Love your adorable stenciled and embossed card which is perfect for our challenge at Time Out!

Kate said...

I really love these two birds Marcie - they have such character! Thanks for entering your beautiful feathered friend into our collaboration challenge at Time Out Challenges and JUGS!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

Helen said...

Oh what fun Marcia!! I love the happy card and the smile it brought with it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out and JUGS for this special challenge! Happy Easter! :)

Kate said...

Just wanted to drop by and say congratulations Marcia - your card was chosen as an Honourable Mention at Time Out Challenges. Grab your badge from the blog and wear it with pride!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!