Monday, March 11, 2024

Double D - First Signs of Spring

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the Double D Challenge where they are looking for cards depicting the first signs of Spring.


Isn't that just the prettiest mood board?!  Oh how I am longing for color outside!  I shouldn't be complaining though as we have had a pretty mild Winter here in Michigan, but it's the up and down of having a few nice and mild sun shiny days and then cold & wet! But anyway, one of the first signs of Spring in my yard is the Snowdrops, and as pretty as they are, my favorite is my big Lilac bush with all the wonderful fragrance and the beautiful purple blooms!  The Greetery just had a new release and put out a new die set called BotaniCuts: Lilacs and it practically jumped right into my cart...HAD TO HAVE IT!!  Here's what I came up with for my card...


 I started with a softly stenciled plaid (The Greetery) in light gray for my background and then added my focal point...the Lilacs.  I ink blended several shades of Lilac inks from Gina K over my die cut flowers and then assembled them...very easy to put together!!  The leaves were ink blended with Peeled Paint & Rustic Wilderness DOX inks. (And then splattered with a bit of water.)


I added my Lilacs to one of my favorite Greetery stamp & die sets...Sprinkled With Kindness.  I think the Lilacs fit beautifully in the watering can!


I had also just gotten a few new dies from Poppystamps and one of them was this bunny from their Thoughtful Bunny Duo set, and I thought he looked right at home sniffing at those Lilacs!  A little hard to tell in my photos, but I did add a bit of glitter to the Lilacs to add some sparkle and shine.  I left a sentiment off the outside as I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet, and also the card is busy enough as it is.

The DT has once again WOW'd with all their inspiration cards, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with what your 1st signs of Spring are where you live!  This challenge is open till Sunday, March 17th @ 8:00PM.

I am also adding this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as this is the 1st time using the Lilac dies and the bunny die.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



18 comments:

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card! I love this watering can full of lilacs. Beautiful and the coloring on the leaves and flowers is amazing. Always inspiring! Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Signs of Spring" Challenge.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Love the cute bunny sitting by your lovely lilacs. The stenciled background is perfect too. TFS

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - that bunny is the sweetest with your watering can & lilacs, Marcia - love it!!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful design and the coloring is fabulous. Love the gray plaid background with this lovely vignette!

Jane B. said...

What a beautiful card! It embraces spring. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cat Craig said...

Love those lilacs, mine are waiting to be used. I love how you put them together with the watering can and the sweet lil bunny.

I Card Everyone said...

You knew what you were talking about when you said I'd be sorry I didn't get these Lilacs, Marcia! OH, but am I ever happy that I get to see them in your very talented hands! These dark purples are my favorite variety - love that bit of sparkle, and WOW are your leaves ever gorgeous, too! SO lifelike!
That bunny better not be munching on them - he's too cute to get mad at!
=]

Darnell said...

I can see the schparkle, Linda, and I swear I can smell the heady aroma of the lilacs! They are my favorites, too, and they don't grow well here like they did in Iowa (I tried!) and I miss them every spring. There aren't enough adjectives for this beautiful card! The sweet bunny adds balance and another element of springtime! If it were me, I would just set this in a place where I could see it and enjoy it all year long! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (It's kinda fun having people think I don't know your name, but I'll stop now!🙃)

Leslie Miller said...

I can barely take time to comment because I have to keep scrolling back up to look at the gorgeous watering can of lilacs again. Sooooo beautiful! Wonderful idea to combine the sets. Beautifully colored, and I do see the sparkle. I have fallen completely in love with the darling bunny and I cannot imagine how your card would be complete without it. This is just so precious and pretty, Marcia!

Loll said...

WOW! You have really brought these lilacs to life, Marcia. Gorgeous is not a strong enough word. Amazing work, my friend. I love the soft stenciled background that really show off the amazing colours of your flowers. So sweet in the watering can ... and that adorable bunny ... so cute! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Lilacs are my favorite flower and wowee is this ever pretty! They do fit into that watering can perfectly. That little bunny had the right idea to park himself close for a good sniff! I've been thinking about this die and you might just force me to buy it! Either that or I'll have to come to Michigan for a play date with you and Michele!

TK said...

Wow, these are gorgeous lilacs!!! Stunning may be a better word for them, however they are perfect in the watering can. Such a sweet card, Marcia

Birgit said...

Well this is just darling Marcia! My mom loved lilacs as well and I'll always remember visiting her in the springtime and seeing a big bouquet of lilacs sitting in the center of her table. Beloved memories of my mom! That little bunny is just the cutest touch to your beautiful bouquet. I adore this card!!

Bonnie said...

You have captured the color of the lilacs perfectly, Marcia! They look so pretty in the watering can and the sweet bunny looks like he's enjoying them too. An awesome card, my friend!

Bobby said...

Now why did you have to make such a beautiful bunch of lilac, Marcia? You know I was attracted to the die and now it might just jump into my cart. Along with those geraniums that you shared with me a while ago. I'm not hep on tiny pieces but that's what makes them look real. The colors you used worked magic and the watering can was a perfect receptacle.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous! Loving those pretty lilacs--great colors and details! Pretty watering can too! Ooooh that bunny is just the sweetest! This screams SORING! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, 1st Signs Of Spring Challenge. Donna , DT Member.

Julia Aston said...

Your lilacs look SO pretty inside the watering can Marcia - wonderful stenciled plaid background too! Julia xx

TK said...

Congrats on Top Winner at Double D!!!