Friday, March 22, 2024

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #60

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Peace On Earth challenge today where it's all about SANTA!

Yep, it's jolly old St. Nick himself, and I have an old wooden stamp from Hobby Lobby (Rubber Stampede - Santa Collage) that I pull out every year because he's just too CUTE!!  Here's what I came up with...


I started with a stenciled background using the Ho Ho Ho stencil from TSM (a gift from my sweet friend Michele) and light gray ink (Gina K).


The Santa image was stamped in black and I added just a touch of pink chalk to his cheeks and nose, a bit of Copic B32 to his eyes, and colored the frames of his glasses with a gold fine point pen.  I layered both the Ho, Ho, Ho and Santa image in Real Red cs (SU!) and attached to a top folding white card base.


I finished with a bit of glitter on Santa's beard and added a pre-printed sentiment strip from Gina K.  An easy peasy card, and I liked it so much I made two to help my Christmas stash along a bit!

Lots of fabulous inspiration from the DT that you can find right HERE, so check it out and play along if you want to keep up with your Christmas card stash this year!  This challenge is open till Thursday, March 28th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I sure wish I could get my hands on that Santa, Marcia! He is my favorite of all! The glitter and gold just takes your gorgeous Christmas card over the top!
WWCD!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

He is extra magical, Marcia! I love the sparkle you've added to his beard. Fabulous card!

Julia Aston said...

I have succeeded in not purchasing this wonderful Santa Marcia but I do love it so, every time I see it! Love your subtle coloring and all the sparkle you've given him as well as the lovely stenciled Ho Ho background! (did you make that wonderful tree too??!) Julia xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with just the touches of color on Santa - he's a keeper, Marcia!!

Cat Craig said...

The technique you chose to add color is absolute perfection for this nostalgic and lovely card.

Bonnie said...

I love this stamp and need to ink it up again. Your bit of coloring is perfect and I love the stenciled ho ho ho in the background! A fantastic Christmas card, my friend!

Karen said...

Marcia, your selective coloring on this card elevates it to a top tier creation!!! Love that Santa, and it's a fabulous card!

Birgit said...

This card is truly magical with all the twinkling glitter and that marvelous image! I love the simple coloring you gave him. His eyes, how they twinkle, his dimples how merry, his cheeks like roses, his nose like a cherry! Love it!!

Bobby said...

That is a priceless image, Marcia, and how fun to put him with the ho ho ho background. The red borders separate everything beautifully.

TK said...

Pops of silver and gold, subtle but perfect background stencil, lets your image shine bright! Great card for your stash

Leslie Miller said...

This Santa has been around for a while and is one of the most well-loved classics! I love him on the ho ho ho background and with all that fabulous sparkle caught up in his beard. He's amazing, Marcia!

Diane said...

Beautifully created Santa card, love the stenciled background too, I have this stamp and it's an all-time favorite!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}