Monday, March 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #89 - MAKE A SQUARE CARD

Hello friends.  It's time for another Flower Challenge and this month we're looking for SQUARE cards...and flowers of course!

Here's what I came up with using a new (to me!) stencil from The Ton called Gentle Peonies...


 
This is a large 6x6 stencil and after inking it all up in shades of lilac (Gina K) I used a 3 3/4" square die (Gina K - Master Layouts 3) to cut out the center.  I matted the square with a piece of black and added foam tape to the back before adding it back to the center of the 6x6 piece.  


  I went a little rogue at this point and stenciled just the center of the stencils again and then used a circle die instead of a square to add my sentiment to (Penny Black - Better with Age).  A few PFS gems and a sparkly white ribbon finished off my square card.  Think I'll be giving this one to my mom whose 92nd birthday is coming up next month, and by hand delivering it, I won't have to pay the extra postage required of square cards!  

The DT has outdone themselves once again to inspire you, and you can check it all out right HERE.  You have until March 25th @ 5:00PM to play along with us and we'd love to see all of you and your SQUARE FLORAL cards in the gallery!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, this is just stunning! LOve those GinaK lilacs! Your mom is gonna love it, too!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

SUCH gorgeous flowers and fabulous colors, Marcia! You inked up every nook of this beautiful birthday card, it's so special!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Marcia! I haven't had time to play with that stencil (that Michele enabled me to get!) but will try to do so soon!

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, your card is just so beautiful, both the stenciling and the design with the die cut middle and relayering with a black border. I never think to do that, it adds so much. I'm glad you went rogue on the sentiment, it looks fabulous too. I am swooning over this card!

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFULLY done, Marcia! Wow those peonies are marvelous. Your mom is going to love this so much!

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Your mom is going to love this card. And keep it!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Look at the flowers all over this gorgeous thing! Beautiful blues, amazing layered stenciling, and a fabulous design with the center popped up. This is absolutely lovely for your mom!

Darnell said...

Oh my goodness, Linda, this is sensational! Any time I'm feeling down, I'm bookmarking this to come back! The colors are amazing using your NBUS stencil and I love your circle-in-the-square design! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

That is one stunning card. That stencil should be on its way to me. Ordered it last week after seeing Michele's card. Seeing yours I am doubly excited to see it.

Bonnie said...

This is such a gorgeous stencil, Marcia! I love these flowers in purple and how you added a circle to the top! What a lovely card, my friend!

Bonnie said...

This is such a gorgeous stencil, Marcia! I love these flowers in purple and how you added a circle to the top! What a lovely card, my friend!

Bobby said...

Postage is exactly why I don't make square cards but this one for your Mom is gorgeous and she will love it as much as I do, Marcia.

TK said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm a bit behind but SOMEONE keeps distracting me

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! I love how those gorgeous peonies cover the entire card, especially how you've added dimension with the layers. Your mom will be thrilled!