Saturday, March 16, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #83 - CREAM & BLUE

Hello friends.  It's time for another Color Hues Challenge and our sweet hostess Carol has chosen for us to work with the hues of Cream & Blue.


I have 2 cards to share with you today, both using the same images but in different layouts.  Here's the 1st one...


My floral image is from SU!'s Inspirational Sketches stamp set and was stamped in Boho Blue ink (SU!) onto a cream colored cs.  I framed it with PFS's Scalloped Circle Die (also in the cream colored cs) and then layered it onto a piece of Boho Blue cs stamped with the same ink using The Greetery's Big Plans Background Stamp.  It may seem a little goofy to put a floral image on a blueprint background, but I really kinda like the look...something different!


I attached both layers to a cream card base and then added a hot foiled sentiment using Prism foil and Spellbinders Essential Glimmer Sentiments.  


For my 2nd card I used all the same elements but did a Z Fold card.  I used the cream colored cs again for my card base and scored it at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8" for the Z fold.


 My sentiment is a better press one from my sweet friend Michele (I think it's Spellbinder's but could be Altenew also...) and this one was finished with a few blue glitter gems (SU!) and a piece of blue ribbon (also SU!).



And here they both are together.  I love this soft and subtle color combination and hope you all will too!  We have LOTS of inspiration from our DT and also our Special GD Steph, and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, March 29th @ 9:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

cm said...

Oh my...talk about a duo of beautiful cards! Your floral image and blueprint background are a lovely combination; not goofy in the least! Both designs are ever so eye-catching. You z-fold version is especially wonderful - and thank you for sharing the 'how to' details. Thank you for showcasing blue and cream with such style and enthusiasm!
hugs~carol

Cat Craig said...

Love these cards, the combination of the straight lines from the bluprint and the rounds in the delicate blooms makes a perfect compliment to one another. I love the blue and cream together too. Makes me want to play along.

I Card Everyone said...

Florals on blueprint? Oh, I like it, Marcia! But you know I'm totally into 'goofy!' lol
LOve this BOHO blue - yes, it is me I haven't been possessed by aliens! It has just enough 'gray' in it to make me happy.
Your fun fold card is fantastic, too - I'll be sure to pack those Betterpress sentiments for their next visit to your house!
=]

TK said...

Sweet, sweet cards, Marcia! And I LOVE the flowers on the blueprint design, a great balance for florals.

Bobby said...

The plans work beautifully with your flowers, Marcia. I haven't done a Z fold in a long time. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stef Perry said...

I adore your pretty blooms in blue and they absolutely look fabulous against the blue print plans in the background! It's unexpected and a very cool design element! Both cards are beautiful, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

What a nifty background to use with those lovely flowers! Pretty shade of blue too. This is wodnerufl, Marcia!

Julie B said...

I hadn't realised it was a blueprint background until you mentioned it, my eyes were focused on the pretty blooms! Great pair of cards Marcia. :)

Birgit said...

Both cards are beautiful and I especially love the blueprint background. It's unique and unexpected, and just perfect for the "blue" part of this challenge.
What a pretty bunch of flowers when stamped in one color too. Two lovely cards my friend! Happy St. Patty's day my friend!

Karen said...

It's a beautiful set of cards, Marcia! I love them both. I thought I was aware of all The Greetery designs, but the Big Plans Background is one I didn't recognize. It's a great backdrop for your lovely florals! And the Z-Fold card design is fabulous!

Vicky Hayes said...

Blue and cream is a lovely soft combination Marcia and you have showcased it beautifully in these two gorgeous cards. I always get excited about posts that use the same stash in different ways and I love the different looks here using these folds. Vicky x

Nancy said...

A wonderful set of cards, Marcia! Everything blends so well together including the ribbon! Thanks for making a twofer for us this time!

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards, Marcia. I particularly like the Z fold card. I didn't realize it was a blueprint pattern until I started reading the comments. Fantastic cards, my friend. Have a great day.

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous! No coloring is oftentimes the best coloring when the stamp is so beautifully illustrated with all the shading and realism. I love your background with it, too. It makes your card all the more interesting. I was playing with this fold the other day but I got sidetracked when the sun came out. Both cards look fabulous, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

This stamped image works beautifully in blue with the cream, Marcia! I love both cards but I think I like the z-fold a little better! I am fun fold challenged so I really appreciate a different fold. You sure showed off these colors perfectly!

JulieP said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. Can you do no wrong? It would never have occured to me to even purchase that background stamp but now I WANT IT. LOL!!! These are absolutely amazing.

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards Marcia. I think the blueprint background looks great on both cards. Great way to showcase the blue and cream combo.