Friday, March 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #89 Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us this month at The Flower Challenge where we are looking for SQUARE cards.


I actually have a trio of cards to share with you today using PFS's Floral Round Frame Press Plate.  These were so easy to put together and will make great Thank You cards.  Take a look...


I used black ink to letter press the floral circle and then colored it with several Copics in shades of blue and then die cut the circle out.  I added it to a square of Boho Blue cs (SU!) that I had embossed with SU!'s Layered Florals ef, and then layered that to a panel of silver mirror cs before attaching to a square white card base.  I used MB's Classic Upper Alphabet Dies to die cut my "M" also from the silver mirror cs, and also added a few white die cut "M"'s beneath to give it a more bold look.


These next two were done basically the same way, but I used multiple colors of ink when inking up my letter press plates, and then added squares of Audrey Blue cs behind them.


For the card on the left I used HB's Dogwood Blooms 3D ef  and SSS's Lumen ef for the card on the right.  I added the same "M" in silver mirror cs to both cards and a few silver gems to the card on the right.  All 3 of these cards are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4, so they'll fit into a regular A2 envelope and not cost anything extra to mail.  Easy peasy and nice to have a few thank you's in my stash!

Lots more inspiration for you from the DT, so check it all out right HERE, and then make a SQUARE card (or two) to share with us in the gallery...we'd love to see YOU there!!  This challenge is open till the 25th @ 5:00PM
  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I wish all of your friends were as lucky as I am to see your wonderful notecards irl! I just love the embossed squares behind your pretty letter-pressed circles! A trio of delight, Marcia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Marcia, your note cards are as lovely as they can be! I think the one with the dogwood is my favorite, but it's hard to choose!

TK said...

These are truly a delight! I love the pressed circle, and all the wonderful colors -- plus with the "M", they make great Thank Yous. So pretty, Marcia!

Loll said...

All three are so beautiful Marcia! The image is gorgeous and it looks so pretty with the different colours of ink. And those embossing folders --- WOW! All of them are so pretty. Great work Marcia! xx

Birgit said...

What beautiful monogram cards! I love the colors and that detailed pressed circle. The different backgrounds are magnificent!

Cat Craig said...

They are beautiful note cards, Marcia, and I hope you cut that M from the under panel of silver card. The receiver will be delighted both by your thank you and your beautiful card.

Bobby said...

I'm sure it was fun to play with the letterpress in different colors, Marcia. Once it's out you might as well make three cards and they are the same but different as Therese would say. They are wonderful monogrammed note cards, my friend.

Vicky Hayes said...

Just gorgeous Marcia - especially the first in the soft blue and white with the more intense blue of the flowers! The silver monogram makes these look so elegant too. Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, these are beautiful cards with the different colors and embossed backgrounds! You had a good play with the floral press plate and that's always satisfying. The monogram adds such elegance!

Bonnie said...

I am so impressed with your multicolor inking, Marcia! All three cards are delightful!

Cindy Beach said...

Nothing says regal like a monogram, and one surrounded by beautiful flowers is even more special, Marcia! I've not gotten into letterpress but the soft texture adds such dimension. Gorgeous cards!

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, what a stunning design and a wonderful way to make a set of note cards! Like Vicky, my favorite is the blue on blue, but I do love me some Audrey blue too and the pressed images in multiple colors looks fabulous! What a gorgeous trio of cards!