Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge # 59

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Peace On Earth Challenge so I can keep up with my Christmas card stash.  Take a look at their gorgeous mood board...


Aren't ALL those GREENS gorgeous?!!  I pulled out a stamp and stencil set from PFS called Winter Foliage and had so much fun I created two cards.  Here's the first one...


I started by embossing the background stamp with gold embossing powder, and then used the coordinating stencils to color in the leaves and berries.  I foiled my sentiment in gold using PFS's Holly Jolly foil plate, and because it didn't really stand out much from the background, I added a die cut vellum circle behind it (SU!'s Everyday Detail Dies).


 In this close up you can see the gold foiling better and the colors of the stenciled leaves.  I added this panel to a Gumball Green (SU! - retired) card base and finished off with a few gold metallic pearls (PFS) and a piece of gold cording at the top.


Because I had so much fun stenciling the first card, I decided to make a 2nd card with similar greens for the leaves and red this time for the berries.  My Postage Collage Die (WF) had been sitting out, so I decided to cut the stenciled panel with it, and then again using Shaded Spruce cs (SU!).  I fussy cut the stenciled and die cut panel following the stitched lines so it would fit onto the Shaded Spruce die cut piece, and then adhered to a white piece of cs and then a Shaded Spruce card base. I used a few sentiments from WF's Triangle Tree and also Postage Collage stamp sets.  A few red gems finished off this 2nd card.

Lots of wonderful inspiration from the DT that you can check out right HERE and then play along if like me you want to stay ahead with your Christmas card stash.  This challenge is open till Thursday, March 14th @ 8:00PM

EDITED TO ADD: I am also sending these cards over to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they are looking for us to get our "GRINCH" on by using GREEN on our Christmas cards.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Birgit said...

Both cards are beautiful Marcia! The gold embossing adds a touch of elegance to these lovely greens. What a great idea to use your postage die to cut a panel. So pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Marcia. I love green and gold together. Either, or both cards, would fit in so well over at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards Marcia, and I so love the layers on the postage collage card. I'll have to remember that.

I Card Everyone said...

Loving both of these stenciled images and the greens make my green eyes very happy!
Two beautiful Christmas cards for your stash, Marcia!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, they're both so pretty! Loving the gold embossing and foiled sentiment on your first card. I can see how the vellum circle made all the difference. I should try to remember that once in a while. Your postage card is super fun and gives the stamp a whole other look. I really can't decide which is my favorite. After Easter cards I need to concentrate on Christmas for a while. You're doing great with your cards and you'll be happy when the time comes to mail them.

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous background with the gold embossed edges and beautiful shades of greens! I am so impressed with your foiling skills! I have never got anything to foil that beautifully! The greenery makes pretty postage stamps too! I wish the post office would have stamps this pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty stenciling, Marcia! These are both wonderful and I like all of your shades of green. I agree with Bonnie, we need real postage stamps as marvelous as yours!

TK said...

Congrats, two cards into the stash! They're pretty with pretty colors and some shine and bling too. Your addition of the vellum piece definitely helped accent your pretty foiled sentiment

Loll said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards with lots of green. LOVE your first card with the vellum circle over top ... so pretty!! And your postage card is adorable. Great work, my friend! xx

Dotty Jo said...

So happy to see you at Christmas Kickstart, Marcia, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful Stamp/stencil you used on both of these lovely cards Marcia - the gold embossing an the first really sets off the lovely greens and what a lot of work to cut to size the various pieces on the 2nd card to fit the postage design! Julia xx