Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Altenew's March 2019 Inspiration Challenge & The Flower Challenge #30

Hello friends.  Playing along with two challenges today...Altenew's March Inspiration Challenge and The Flower Challenge.



I used a new (to me) set from Altenew called Handpicked Bouquet (thanks for enabling me Michele), and a few of the colors from the inspiration photo (reds, greens, & a light gray/blue), and came up with this card:


I stamped the image with my reds and greens and then die cut it out.  Next I adhered it to my card base that I had dry embossed with the die and then blended around the debossed image with Caribbean Sky ink.  I also added a bit of black splattering at this point.


To finish, I stamped and die cut my sentiment, edged it with some gold embossing, pop dotted it and also added some gold cording underneath it.  I also added a few clear sequins.

Lot's of BEAUTIFUL inspiration from both the Altenew Monthly Inspiration Challenge and The Flower Challenge, so check them both out and play along!!  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card and so prettily coloured. Love how you dried embossed the card stock too, adds a wonderful dimension to and around the actual flower ...such a fun idea x. Love the cute splats too x

I Card Everyone said...

You read my mind, Marcia...and so beautifully! I have another new one to play along on Thursday!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oooooh that is a pretty floral spray! You and Michele are going to do me in LOL!! I just saw Penny Black images she used today and felt the urge to shop, now this!! Seriously though, this is beautiful. Love that you colored it red!

Loll said...

This is so pretty Marcia! I literally sighed when I saw it. It's beautiful, elegant, peaceful ... amazing design, perfect execution. LOVE IT! xx

Bonnie said...

A beautiful flower, Marcia! I love how the splattered and lightly sponged background sets the flower off and the pretty curled cording! A gorgeous card, my friend!

Bobby said...

The design is in the details and yours are so lovely, Marcia. The gold edged sentiment and gold cording add an elegance to your already beautiful card.

Birgit said...

What a lovely bouquet! I love how you embossed the background with the die image and the splatters add just the perfect touch to your beautifully colored buds!!

Anita in France said...

Simply lovely, Marcia ... the embossed and sponged edging adds such depth to this gorgeous sprig ... love that touch of rich gold with the bold reds and greens! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Hi, Marcia. I'm back to thank you for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.