Monday, March 18, 2019

Laurie's Fabulous Favorites - Favorite Sentiment

Hello friends.  Had time this weekend to play along with Papertrey Ink's Laurie's Fabulous Favorites challenge, where this week she is looking for us to use our favorite SENTIMENT stamp or die.  You can check out Laurie's beautiful card HERE.

I like combining Laurie's challenge with the IG challenge if I can, so I used the same Mixed Bouquet stamp set that Melissa used on her card HERE to make my card.


I love how Melissa tends to use a lot of soft blending on her cards, so I made a stencil out of the Bold Borders: Arabesque die, and blended Aqua Mist ink on a panel of Aqua Mist cardstock for my background, and then attached to a white card base.  Next I die cut from white using the Brushed Off larger rectangle die and softly blended Aqua Mist ink around the edges, and then stamped some of the flowers from the Mixed Bouquet set in Ocean Tides, Lilac Grace, & Amethyst Allure inks.  Some of my favorite sentiments have always been the Think Big Favorites (#20, #22, & #24), but lately I keep seeming to reach for the Penned Elegance sets, and the "Happy Birthday" that I've used on my card is from the 1st Penned Elegance set.  I embossed it in black so it would stand out from my flowers.


Here's a closer up view that shows some of the sparkle from the WOS I used on the flowers and a few of the aqua colored gemstones I added.  I also added a piece of white bakers twine at the top of my card to finish it off.

There's still a little bit of time to play along with  this challenge, so choose your FAVORITE sentiment stamp or die and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Marcia! The soft inked background is just perfect for these pastel lovlies. You picked a great color palette. So soft and dreamy.

Happy Dance said...

Oh how soft and pretty, Marcia! And sparkly too! These colors together are just wonderful. And I can see why you've reached for this particular sentiment; it's got a fabulous font. (that set just didn't call my name, did it?!!) What a cool stencil you've made, too. This is just gorgeous. Dang girl! Bev

Anita in France said...

Soft, dreamy and wonderfully feminine, Marcia ... the shimmer on those delicate blooms is just so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Carmela said...

Lovely card, Marcia! That is a pretty stamp set and I love your soft colors.

I Card Everyone said...

I am not as familiar to PTI as you are my friend... but I know what I love - those blooms tick all of my boxes! A gorgeous card, Marcia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your color palette is wonderful Marcia! Love the soft blooms and the touch of sparkle you added to them. This is just beautiful!

Helen F. said...

Well this card is just gorgeous, Marcia! Love the color scheme and the flower stamps, sentiment set and those colored gems along with the sparkly touches all coordinate so perfectly. :-)

Susan Watanabe said...

Just gorgeous Marcia! I love your colors...definitely puts me in the mood for Spring. Also love the sparkles! I’m sorry but what is WOS?

Bobby said...

Making your own stencil for the background was brilliant, Marcia. And the sparkle on those lovely flowers is awesome.

Bonnie said...

I love your stenciled background and the softly colored, sparkly flowers, Marcia! Beautiful!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful colors, stenciling, stamped flowers and sentiment, Marcia. TFS Hugs...Nancy

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!! Those flowers are stunning and with that fabulous background it breahttaking!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Congratulations on your win for the Instagram contest! And by the way...this is such a very lovely card. The colours are so gentle and serene. Love it by friend! :)

Loll said...

Love the soft and delicate colours you've used on this amazing card Marcia!! So pretty together! Your flowers are wonderful with the sparkly flower tops. Great design! xx