Monday, March 25, 2019

Laurie's Fabulous Favorites - Favorite Color Combination

Hello friends.  Playing along with PTI's Win It Wednesday Challenge where Laurie Schmidlin is showing us one of her favorite color combinations, and asking us to make a card that uses 2+ favorite colors together.

Pink & Red has long been a favorite color combination for me and using Hibiscus Burst and Pure Poppy inks I came up with this:


Still playing with the Mixed Bouquet stamp set (can't seem to get enough of this set lately!!) and stamped up a bunch of the flowers using Hibiscus Burst and Pure Poppy inks, and then fussy cut them out.  Here's a close up so you can see them a little better:


I used a Hibiscus Burst card base and added the Bold Borders: Arabesque die cut over the top, also in Hibiscus Burst.  I love the tone on tone look this gives...Michelle Leone used this technique on a couple cards this week HERE for the Transformation Tuesday feature.  My sentiment comes from the Phrases & Praises stamp set and I made it two toned using Smokey Shadow and Weathervane inks.  I also added just a bit of light blending around the edges of the white sentiment panel with the Hibiscus Burst ink.  After adding the flowers, I finished with a few jewels from Lucy's Rainbow Sparkle Mix.

I really like how the red & pink color combination came out on this card!  Check out Laurie's favorite color combination and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous, Marcia, using Pure Poppy and Hibiscus Burst together with your two-toned gray sentiment! Also looks like you don't mind fussy cutting. Love this so much!

Happy Dance said...

Stunning card, Marcia. The pink and red, especially the way you've combined them, look so pretty together. As far as I'm concerned, keep using this stamp set; it's simply fabulous. And the verse....one of my all time favorites, and as it happens, my middle son's confirmation verse! Fabulous card. Make more please!! xo Bev

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I love the tone on tone of your frame/card base - it almost gives it an embossed look - which I couldn't love more! LOvely color combo, and yes, there's that set again! ohhhhh… you are so bad!! xx
=]

Carmela said...

Gorgeous design! I love the bold borders you chose as well as your pretty flowers and colors.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your color combination of pink and red! Your flowers are so pretty and arranged beautifully on the rich pink background! So striking! I love the way you did your sentiment in the ombre grey.

Lisa Elton said...

What wonderful color choices Marcia! The fancy background and flowers are beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I love pink and red together too and to think my mom told me they didn't go together at all when I was a kid. I'm glad to see she was wrong on that one thing. LOL! Beautiful flowers and background and a verse we should all wake up to!

Anita in France said...

A beautiful verse (a favourite too!) ... so wonderfully framed and showcased with those gorgeous blooms and lovely texture, Marcia ... the red and pink are such a delicious combination! Hugs, Anita :)

Betty Neville said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! Love your color combo - will have to use it more often.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Marcia, great framing and pretty florals

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL card design and those colors together are gorgeous, Marcia! I really like those Mixed Bouquet flowers and need to revisit my Wish List now :-)

Vikki H said...

This is so so pretty! What a treat for the recipient.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Marcia this is so beautiful... I love how you used those colours and the whole design is amazing!!

Birgit said...

What a cheerful color palette and sweet, sweet card! The pink and red is so striking on the tone-on-tone background. I Love it!! The ombre sentiment is so cool too. You rocked this challenge Marcia!

Marlena M. said...

Stunning work Marcia! Lovely color combo and layered design~so much interest!