Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Christmas Kickstart #5 - Have A Bear-y Christmas

Hello friends.  I'm trying to keep up with my Christmas cards, so playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they are looking for a BEAR on your Christmas card.


I love MFT's Polar Bear Pals so that was my starting point for my card.


I colored the bear and pail of fish with my Copics and then fussy cut them out.  I stamped Impression Obsession's tree line (H7786) with a couple Gina K green inks and then misted with water before actually stamping them to my white layer.  Next I added a torn strip of white cs that I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU!) to the bottom of my white panel, and then adhered to a kraft piece of cs and a white card base.  I pop dotted the bear and the pail of fish for some dimension, and even used my bone folder to curve the pail of fish so it looked a little more realistic.  Here's a closer up view:


I finished with a sentiment from PTI's Think Big Favorites: #20.  Check out all the really cute cards from the DT and then play along to have a head start on your Christmas cards...you won't be sorry!!  You can play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so cute Marcia! I love these little polar bears and he looks so very happy to have a full bucket of fish. Sweet card my friend!!!

Loll said...

Adorable Marcia! I love the sweet polar bear with the tree background. Beautiful sentiment too! But it's the pail of fish and really made me laugh. Awesome! xx

Sharron said...

Love how your trees look! And the sweet polar bear is adorable, so happy to have his bucket of fish handy!

Brenda in IN said...

This is so cute. He is so happy with himself for having his fish close by. I had to come here after I saw your comment on Bonnie's blog. I think we are soul sisters when I saw that. Every time I HAVE to spend money on something that I don't want to, I always think how many stamp sets could I buy with that money! That made me laugh out loud when I saw you say that too!

Kara Lynne said...

This is adorable, Marcia! He looks just so content to be in his sparkly winter wonderland! I love that you curved the bucket, and his green/aqua scarf is darling!

Bonnie said...

Wow, I think we even used the same colors, Marcia! I used Distress Markers though and you used Copics! Love, love, love this little scene right down to the sparkly snow bank and pail of fish!

I Card Everyone said...

OH I LOve how this guy sits... or splits, or splats! He seems so happy to be the star of your darling card, Marcia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

He's too cute and he looks so happy to have a little snack nearby! This is a darling card Marcia!

Bobby said...

I thought of using that stamp set for my card and after seeing yours and Bonnie's I wish I had. This is so cute, Marcia, and I love those trees behind him.

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, I love this set. What a cute scene with his pail of fish waiting for him :)

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Marcia! I really like this set myself and am not surprised to see that others love it too. I really like the background too - those trees are very pretty. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Lynne in NI said...

Heeee, what a fab fun Christmas scene! Love your bear, he seems very pleased to have his snack nearby ;)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh he looks so happy and this just makes me smile! I love it Marcia!