Monday, March 11, 2019

CAS Christmas March 2019 - Deer

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with this months challenge over at CAS Christmas and they are looking for DEER on your card.


I have a rather whimsical card to share with you today using some scraps from my box...


I started by using a Elizabeth Craft Designs die set Reindeer (gifted to me by my dear friend Birgit) and using the tree die to cut out 2 trees using a piece of cardstock that I had used Cattail Copper Brown Lindy's Magicals on.  I used a 2 3/4 x 4 1/4 piece of white cardstock to build my scene on, adding a small snowbank to the bottom so I would have a place to stamp my sentiment (PTI's Rustic Wreath).  I added the 2 trees and then added the reindeer die cut from some Hawaiian Shores (PTI) cs.  The reindeer and the small white die cut snowflakes are also from the Elizabeth Craft Designs set.


The shimmer from the copper in the trees and the unusual color of the deer both make me smile at this card...nothing like a little magic for Christmas, right?!!

The DT has some beautiful inspiration to get you started, so check it all out right HERE and then play along to get a head start on your Christmas cards.  You have until the 24th to play along with this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card and I really like the arty trees Marcia!

Kara Lynne said...

Whimsical is right, Marcia! Now that's a winter wonderland with those sparkly LM trees! I love how many colors show up in that copper mix! You perfectly balanced that with your aqua deer! Amazing! I love the way your mind thinks!

Viv said...

This is wonderful Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

Those trees look like they're bursting with color from twinkling Christmas lights! This is fun Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Magical indeed, Marcia! Love the graceful deer and the artsy trees! A very fun Christmas card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful scrap filled CAS Christmas card design, Marcia. I love your non traditional colors Too. TFS...Hugs, Nancy

Loll said...

Very magical Marcia! Love this colour combo. Great non-traditional colours for Christmas. Looks AMAZING! xx

Christine Alexander said...

He looks so regal against those shimmery trees. I always love a touch of the non traditional when it comes to Christmas :)

Happy Dance said...

Ooooo! I love the whimsey you've got going on with this card, Marcia! The colors, along with the truly 'Magical' Christmas trees, make this CASimply amazing. What a cool Christmas card! Just fabulous my friend. Bev

Anita in France said...

I love this, Marcia ... every little element, from the texture-y looking Christmas trees that have 'grown' over the edges of the panel, to those delicate tumbling snowflakes, from that oh so elegant aqua reindeer to the (French!) sentiment-stamped snowbank ... it's gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Susan said...

Love those non-traditional colours - makes for such a fun card! Fabulous layout and design!

Linda said...

Love your Lindy Magical trees Marcia and that fantastic deer. It is so majestic. Beautiful card, friend.

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! I love the fun colored trees and that sweet blue deer. So unique and beautiful.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the color of your deer amid the coppery trees, Marcia!! Stunning card!!