Monday, March 4, 2019

Laurie's Fabulous Favorites #4

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Win It Wednesday challenge over at PTI where Laurie's Fabulous Favorites is asking us to use a favorite accessory on our cards.  I have many favorite accessories, but my all time favorite are Rainstones.  I don't use them that often because they can't seem to keep them in stock, and also they aren't real mail friendly.  So anyway, I use them very sparingly and just on special cards!!  :0)


I love to use yellows when I want to make a happy card, so I started with some Harvest Gold DSP for my background.  In full disclosure here, I have to tell you that I was trying to CASE Michelle Leone's card so I could combine the IG challenge with this one.  After realizing I didn't have the Shape Shifters: Circle #4 die for the center (I ended up using the 1st Shape Shifters: Circle), and then completing the card and realizing that the Rustic Wreath die I used wasn't the die Michelle used (Embellished Elegance), about all I accomplished was using Michelle's design and Berry Sorbet like she did!  Oh well, I still like how this card came out and I did use my favorite accessory Rainstones.


I also used PTI's Felt (Harvest Gold & Berry Sorbet) and PTI's Jute Twine which are also favorite accessories of mine.  I used the Songbirds dies to cut the flowers and the die cut smile is from Words To Live By: Smile.

You can check out Laurie's FUN card and play along with this challenge right HERE.    

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

Your card is so happy and joyful Marcia. Pure delight! Your take on Michelle's card is just as pretty as hers, if not prettier. I love the bright and cheerful colors. The rainstones always add the perfect touch to a card.

Ros Crawford said...

The raindrops look fabulous on your beautiful spring like card Marcia!

Kathy Mc said...

Great idea to use patterned paper with your Shape Shifter, Marcia! I was in the same dilemma as you as far as Michelle’s IG Challenge but your card should qualify anyway using Berry Sorbet. I’ve looked at others in the challenge that don’t use the exact product but one product. Not sure if they were eliminated though. How do they expect us to have every item they have? Just sayin'.

Susan Watanabe said...

Nothing like yellow to bring on some cherriness. Love what you did with the felt flowers and “ombre-style” die-cut sentiment. :)

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

I love yellow! It is always so cheery and fresh. Wonderful card. You have managed to incorporate lots of favourite accessories on one card. Well done you!
As soon as I read your post about using the Songbirds die to cut your little flowers I dashed off to have a look at the dies and I did not remember those little flowers. I seem to have only one size of the dies, not two. Are both the large and small blossoms from Songbirds?

Bonnie said...

I think this is perfect, Marcia! I love the yellow gingham and pretty felt flowers! The die cut circle pattern is amazing! This is sure to bring a smile to someone's face. I'm smiling!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely breath of fresh spring air Marcia! Something we sure could use haha! The gingham and the colorful flowers are cheerful. Wonderful card!

Bobby said...

Your card truly brings Spring to mind, Marcia. I love the center of the card and those little felt flowers are so cute. You took Michelle's card and made it your own.

Helen F. said...

Your lovely card is sure to put a smile on the the recipient's face, Marcia! Love the cheerfulness and Springtime feel!

Sharron said...

Wonderful choice to use gingham and I agree about yellow. It's such a happy color! It will definitely bring a bit of spring to anyone who receives it. Love the felt flowers!

Patti said...

Awww the gingham give this the most adorable sweetness : )