Wednesday, March 13, 2019

CAS Mix Up March 2019 - Faux Stained Glass

Hello friends.  CAS Mix Up has a FUN challenge for us this month using a FAUX STAINED GLASS technique.


I used a small Daisy image from a set of 4 AliExpress dies, and came up with this:


On the 1st layer that I die cut, I kept all the positive and negative pieces together and used my Zigs to color the flower, and leaves, and then lightly blended Sea Glass ink into the background.  I die cut the image 4 more times and glued 3 to the bottom layer and then filling with GA.  Once that was dry I added the last die cut to the top (which was really the first one I had die cut and colored...hope that makes sense!) and attached to a stitched die cut rectangle.  I added a piece of foam to the back of the stitched layer, and then added to a white card base that I also die cut with a stitched rectangle (Lil Inker Stitched Rectangle Dies).  My sentiment was added from MFT's Pretty Poppies.


Here you can see the shine a bit better that gives the look of the Faux Stained Glass.  Definitely a FUN challenge this month!

Faux Stained Glass, Die Cutting , and Stamping

Make sure you check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!
 

15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Utterly adorable and super cute card. The technique looks so effective in the little tile die cut. Love how you coloured the first/last die cut layer. Such a stunning CAS card and using the faux stained glass technique to perfection. Great addition to The CAS Mix Up Gallery Marcia x

Bonnie said...

This die cut is so perfect for the faux stained glass technique, Marcia! I love that you've colored the top part of the outline and all that glazed goodness! Yellow flowers always make me happy! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Betty said...

what a sweet wonderful little stained glass flower, Marcia - love it. and thank you for your comment on my card with Greta - it really was fun to challenge each other.

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Marcia, I love this little die cut and perfect for the faux stained glass :)

Kara Lynne said...

I love your little faux stained glass! That little flower is so sweet and the die cut looks perfect for that technique! I've got to get out and play more with these challenges - you're always so inspiring!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little daisy! This is a wonderful CAS card Marcia!

Loll said...

So adorable Marcia!! I have these dies too and they are all sweet. This is perfect for the faux stained glass technique. A little bit of shiny sunshine in a card. Great work, my friend! xx

Greta said...

Love the design of your card, Marcia! Perfect die for the technique which I need to try again!

I Card Everyone said...

I do love a daisy... she loves it!! and that darling little window frame!
=]

Sharron said...

The sweet daisy looks wonderful nestled in all the white! It really shows off the pretty shine!

Bobby said...

That daisy is so sweet and perfect for the faux stained glass look, Marcia.

Jo said...

You've done great honours to this delicate daisy. I love the soft colours and depth achieved to this beautifully framed faux stained glass card. A beauty, thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Birgit said...

Oh my word, this is stunning! Yet another technique I'd love to try. You're amazing my friend!

Anita in France said...

What a happy daisy, Marcia ... it really does look like stained glass ... it's charming! Hugs, Anita :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a sweet little stained glass daisy, Marcia! Coloring the top outline layer is a fantastic idea! I would have never thought about it. It's so shiny and beautiful that it almost looks like a piece of glazed porcelain art! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx