Friday, March 15, 2019

Twofer Challenge #14 - Balloons

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Twofer Challenge today and the prompt this month is BALLOONS!


I used a PTI Balloon stencil and came up with these 2 cards:


I didn't get too wild or crazy with either card, but let me tell you that I had a blast using my new Picket Fence Life Changing Brushes!!  These blending brushes are like no other and you truly will be AMAZED!!  I bought a package of 6 from SSS, and while I thought they were kinda pricey, everyone has been raving about them so I thought I better check them out!  So glad I did...they were worth every penny!!  You will never go back to any other blending tool after using these!  Sorry, I've digressed...let's get back to why you came here in the 1st place!


For my 1st card I used the PTI Balloon Stencil and Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers DI to make my background, and then added the PTI Text Block Birthday Die over the top.  Although you can't see it, I spritzed the white die cut with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz before adhering it to my balloon background, so IRL, this card really sparkles!!  I finished by matting the background with a piece of blue cs and then adhered to a white card base.  I'm thinking this birthday card would work great for a child's card or even a masculine one!


For my 2nd card I just couldn't resist playing again with a new Penny Black set called Critter Celebration...these little mice sitting inside the flowers are just too CUTE to resist (right Darnell?!)!!  I blended 3 balloons using the same stencil (and ended up having to basically cover the 3rd balloon!) and Sweet Blush ink and then stamped my image in Versafine Black ink and colored with my Copics.  I'm determined to start using up some of my hoard of DSP, so I added a piece of SU!'s Birthday Bouquet and Sweet Blush cs that I die cut a couple ovals out of to frame my image.  I added a "Hang In There" sentiment (SSS...Tiny Words) because I thought it went well with the balloons and would work for anyone needing a cheer up card who's going through a rough time.

Lot's of absolutely ADORABLE Balloon cards from the DT this month, so check them out and play along right HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Happy Dance said...

I agree. In fact, my first thought was that your birthday card would work great for a 'fella.' It's a great card. Lots of interest with those stenciled balloons, but not overly done (if you ask me). I really like it. And what a great sentiment panel, too!! That pick-me-up card does just that. It's cheery and sweet, and will most definitely brighten someone's day; I know it did mine! Love that DP, and the sweet PB image. Great use of those stenciled balloons, too. Thanks, my friend, for joining us at the Twofer Challenge!! xo Bev

Darnell said...

YES, Marcia! They are on my desk as we speak! I love love love how you added the balloon bouquet to the little mouse! It fits the him perfectly and your blending and coloring are perfect, too. I love that beautiful pp and think it goes so well with the sweet critter, tiny message, and framed oval! And your birthday card is all a birthday card should be! I love your balloon color choice and the white scparkly overlay diecut! This card works for any age and any gender! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #14! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

OH MY goodness!!! Now I must have this darling PB in my hands pronto! Darling hot air balloon for that little mouse, Marcia! and your use of a stencil to create your balloons is brilliant!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh, that little mouse!! How sweet and I love the paper you framed her with. Two delightful cards Marcia!

Jeanne H said...

I do love your birthday card with the balloons and die. I have that die too!

Leslie Miller said...

Both your cards are so pretty, Marcia! They really caught my eye at Twofer. It doesn't get much cuter than the little mouse in the flower. Your design on that card is just beautiful! Sweet, delicately blushed balloons, nicely isolated from the stencil. And I just love the blue on your birthday card with the white die over top. You've sold me on those brushes. I've been hearing really good things about them and it's time I went shopping, I think. Thanks for the testimonial, and thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Twofer!

Bobby said...

The more I see that critter stamp, the more I want it! The DSP looks so perfect with the colors of the image, Marcia. That card will definitely cheer someone up. The birthday card is bright and festive and great for either man or boy.

Bonnie said...

Both of these cards are AWESOME, Marcia! Love that stencil and how the softly colored balloons make a perfect background for the die cut birthday sentiment! The little mouse in the flower is adorable and the paper fits perfectly around her! Two fantastic balloon cards, my friend!

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, these are both delightful! Your balloons are perfectly brushed. I've not heard of those brushes before, I'll have to check them out. I always feel enabled when I visit your blog. Thanks friend! That little mouse is just the cutest ever and paired with the balloons, he will definitely be lifting someone's spirits. Totally, totally adorable!!

Anita in France said...

What delicious blended balloons across that fabulous background, Marcia ... I too thought it'd make a great masculine card ... the blue hues are yummy with the crisp sentiment block! Your little mouse in her flower is just so sweet ... the softly stencilled balloons are a perfect addition ... and that pp is just gorgeous ... a wonderful encouragement card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling twofer, Marcia! Just love the soft balloon background behind that fun birthday diecut for card one! And what a sweetie with the mouse in flower!!

Kara Lynne said...

Your birthday balloons look absolutely amazing behind that perfect white sentiment die cut panel! I love the soft look of the ink blending through the stencil, like they are real balloons floating in the air! Nothing could be sweeter than that little darling mouse and the pink balloons! I love your pp choice with it so much! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!