Saturday, March 16, 2019

CAS Watercolour March 2019 Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's one more week to play along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge where Jenny is our hostess and she's looking for water coloring on vellum.


I have a simple card to share today using another image from SSS's Mandy's Flowers...I'm not sure who Mandy is, but I sure do like her flowers!!  :0)


I learned my lesson from earlier and stuck with the heavy weight cardstock vellum (PTI) and embossed this simple image in white and then water colored using my Zigs.  I just love these blooms in the terracotta pot.  I know my sentiment looks like it was stamped in a dark gray, but I actually embossed it in silver...it's from a little Gina K freebie set.  The butterfly is from a Penny Black set called Flutterby and was also embossed in white on vellum and water colored with my Zigs.


I used a piece of white cs under my vellum layer and then adhered to a Garden Green layer before mounting to a white card base that I dry embossed using SU!'s Subtle ef.

This challenge is open till the 24th, so check out all the inspiration from the DT and our Special GD's Ros and Birgit, and then play along with us right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is ever so pretty Marcia! I like the soft delicate look of the butterfly and flowers. Just fabulous!

Loll said...

This is so pretty Marcia! The white embossing and watercolouring give this such a delicate look. Love the colours you've used with the purple and green with the terra cotta pot. Fantastic! The little pop of green with the skinny framing adds so much. Great design! xx

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful Marcia, love your little embossed potted plants and your perfect frame :)

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Marcia. Love the colours. xx

nancy littrell said...

I love your vellum technique of stamping and white heat embossing, Marcia. Your watercoloring with Zigs turned out beautifully. TFS and the inspiration. Hugs..Nancy

Robyn Oliver said...

Really pretty card Marcia, lovely soft colours on the vellum, so pretty

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, this is totally gorgeous! Your coloring with Zigs on the vellum is picture perfect. This is a breath of spring air!

Mac Mable said...

So delicate and so very pretty and the water colouring on the vellum looks fabulous x

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty card.
xx Karen

Anita in France said...

So soft and pretty, Marcia ... that fluttery butterfly is dreamy with these lovely potted blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Those blooms and pot are lovely, Marcia, but adding the butterfly really put the card in the exquisite category for me.

Susan said...

You managed to get wonderful shading on your images - just a beautiful card! I agree that the PTI heavyweight vellum worked best for this challenge. And the white heat embossing is always gorgeous on vellum.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful watercoloring on your white embossed vellum Marcia! love the colors and wonderful potted flowers image Marcia! Thanks for the tip on using PTI vellum since it's thicker - I have some of that on my shelf waiting to be used!!

Brenda in IN said...

You did Mandy's flowers proud. This is a lovely card and tells me spring is on the way.

Darnell said...

This is spectacular, Marcia! I love flowers in a terracotta pot both on cards and at home, so this card makes me smile! I love how you added the sweet butterfly to finish your design off perfectly!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

You and Mandy make a perfect pair, Marcia! I LOVE how you've colored this little pot of flowers and the butterfly is breathtaking!

Ros Crawford said...

Is fabulous!! Oh I love the stamp and the way you coloured everything... Beautiful Marcia!