Tuesday, March 19, 2019

CAS Stencil March 2019 - Ghosting

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's challenge over at CAS Stencil where they are looking for cards using stenciling and the GHOSTING Technique.  You can find lot's of inspiration and video links on their site right HERE.


Here's what I came up with:


I do my ghosting technique a little differently, but it has always worked for me.  I start by blending a background...for this card I used Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean DI's.  Next I take my stencil (I used a Gina Marie Designs stencil for this card) and quite liberally spritz it with water and then lay it over my background piece.  I add a piece of paper towel over the stencil and then press a bit with my hands, and then set some heavy books on top of it all for about 15 - 30 minutes.  When I lift it all off I have a GORGEOUS background where the water has lifted the color from the DI's.  Here's a closer up so you can see the design better:


I matted my ghosted piece behind a die cut window (MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle Die) and added to a white card base.  I used an AliExpress die cut and inserted it into the bottom of the window opening and added some small pop dots behind each of the 3 flowers for some dimension.  My sentiment is from MFT's Pretty Poppies.

Ghosting is one of my favorite techniques to use with stencils...it is SO much fun to see the design when you pull the stencil off!  Check out all the GORGEOUS inspiration from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.   

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

Sue said...

Marcia, the blue ghosted background is perfect for those pretty white flowers. Gorgeous CAS design. Did you forget to link up to the challenge blog?

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of the crisp white surrounded by that pretty little pop of color! This is a charming card Marcia!

Betty said...

lovely card, Marcia - i'm going to give your technique a go!

Birgit said...

Ok, I am totally trying this today! I remember doing this when we were in Kansas and I've never done it since. Thanks for always inspiring me with your beautiful creations my friend. This is stunning!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Marcia! Love the technique!

Mac Mable said...

Great way to do the technique and what a fabulous effect you've achieved. Such a unique and beautiful card x.

Bonnie said...

This is like monoprint is to stenciling, Marcia! What a great idea and a beautiful background for these sweet die cut flowers!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Marcia ... the ghosted background has such a great depth to it ... perfect behind that fresh, spring daffodil frame! Hugs, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Or are they snowdrops?? Think so! A:)

Bobby said...

A simple white die cut looks so lovely over that gorgeous blue ghosting, Marcia. I'd be afraid of getting too much water on the stencil but I'm going to try your way anyway.

nancy littrell said...

Thank you Marcia for sharing all the steps to your ghosting technique. It sure gives you a clear ghosting image. I must try. Love your die cut window and flowers too. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! And what a pretty die cut!

blaze said...

Such a pretty little card! Can I clarify an aspect of your technique? After you spritz your stencil, do you turn the stencil over before putting in on top of the cardstock? Thanks in advance for your answer. I do love the work you do!

Barb Ghig said...

I am definitely going to try your technique, Marcia...I love the crisp, clean impression! Loving your pretty die cut blooms and beautiful color palette, too! I'm so glad you joined in the challenge at CAS Stencil!

Cathy said...

Your technique has created a gorgeous ghosted effect, such a pretty CAS card, thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, this is lovely. I will try your method as I'm not good with spritzing and removing the stencil and I don't know why. I love that die too. I've never seen one like that.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia! LOVE the beautiful blended blues you've used for your background. Your stenciled ghosted design really stands out. LOVE the pretty white die-cut flowers in the peek-a-boo window --- sweet!! xx

Julia Aston said...

What lovely results from your technique for ghosting Marcia! love the blues behind the lovely white die cut stems and then all framed in white as well! A beautiful card!