Wednesday, March 15, 2017

CAS Mix Up March 2017 - Reminder Post

Hello friends.  Just a friendly little reminder that there's still time to play along with this months CAS Mix Up challenge. 


It's all about SMOOSHING this month, and I have another card to share with you using this technique.


This one I did a little bit differently, by using some SU! markers to put my color down on my craft mat, then spritzing with water, and smooshing my cardstock into it.  I used Island Indigo, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, & Certainly Celery markers.  Once it was dry I embossed in black my image from SU!'s Serene Silhouettes and then die cut it using a Lil Inkers Stitched Circle die.  I used the same circle die to cut another circle in my top white layer so I could inlay the smooshed circle and then simply added my sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Everything Changes.  For this card I stamped, smooshed, embossed, and die cut.  I think this is one of the most CAS cards I've ever made and I have to say I really like how it turned out! 



Don't forget that CAS Mix Up is celebrating their 1st Birthday, so play along for a chance at winning the birthday prize.  You have until March 24 before this challenge closes!  Play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)


  

8 comments:

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so serene and beautiful. Love the colors of your smooshing and CAS suits you.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful greens on your smooshed panel Marcia and the embossed silhouette stamping looks lovely over it - I really like the die cut inlaid circle too! Thanks so much for Guest Designing with us this month at the CAS Mix Up Challenge - I am always inspired by your creations!
Julia xx

Loll said...

This is so beautiful, Marcia! LOVE the smooshed background. And such a great idea to use your markers ... always great when we can stretch the use of any of our supplies. The greens look so pretty with the black silhouette stamping. And love that you've inlaid the circle. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

nancy littrell said...

Simply Gorgeous, Marcia. I Love your smooshed monochromatic background for your heat em image and your stitched die cut circle framing. TFS your beauty and being our Guest Designer this month on CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

Bonnie said...

I LOVE the way this turned out, Marcia! These colors are so pretty and the stamped tree with birds is serene and lovely! Thanks so much for joining our CAS Mix Up team this month!

Birgit said...

Beautiful, Marcia! Your smooshed background is so wonderful and I love the silhouette of the birds. So pretty!!

Susan said...

Love your card, Marcia! The greens make a wonderful fresh spring-like background for the silhouette of branch and birds. And it's perfectly trimmed down into that circle. It's been a pleasure having you as our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up.

JosieD said...

Beautiful card! Like the idea of using markers for smooshing and the oldie but wonderful goodie SU stamp.