Tuesday, March 14, 2017

PTI - 10th Anniversary Challenge - Build A Birdhouse

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink and their 10th Anniversary Challenges...Day 4 challenge is to build a birdhouse.  I tried building one from the download, but struggled with the curved sides of the house, and ended up using the Tiny Town: Basic Building die instead.



After cutting out the house pieces, I used the stencils from the Make It Market: Garden Gate kit to stencil the lattice and small leaves.  The die cut leaves and bird are from the Songbirds set.  I used an old Fiskars punch to punch out the little flowers and then used my stylus to curve them a bit before attaching them to the leaves with Glossy Accents.  I also used the Glossy Accents to make some clear drops on the leaves.  I used an embossing folder to make the circles on my roof.  This was a fun little challenge and again makes me think Spring! 

You can play along and check out all the other birdhouses in the gallery right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is wonderful! I love your warm rustic colors and that beautiful bird--that's what mine is lacking. Need to put that on my wish list! Happy Spring!

Sadie said...

Oh so nice!! Just love all the detail you added to that birdhouse. Good idea using an embossing folder on the roof. Love it!!

lainey said...

Marcia, you outdid yourself on your birdhouse. So much detail! It's adorable!

Nancy Penir said...

So many sweet little details, Marcia. Just darling! Smart to use the Tiny Town dies. It was hard to match up the curves. Looks like we used the same Songbird set. I'd say something about great minds, but it was a no brainer for me. The birds are the perfect size for the birdhouse!

Birgit said...

This is so cute Marcia! What a great way to overcome the challenge. This is darling!!

Helen F. said...

What a sweet Birdhouse you built, Marcia! Love how you decorated it and (of course) those fabulous Song Birds :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Marcia, your little birdhouse is darling! Love how you embellished it! So cute!