Monday, March 20, 2017

Merry Monday #240 - Bells

Hello friends.  Colleen is hosting our challenge at Merry Monday this week, and she would like to see us use Bells on our Christmas cards.


Wish I had a stamp with bells just like these rustic ones in the photo...aren't they fun?!  I went with Jingle Bells as I had a new stamp set from Sunny Studio called Holiday Style that I wanted to play with.  Here's what I came up with:


I love how FUN this one came out!  I used Smoky Slate and Basic Gray inks for the bells and even added some sparkle to the light gray with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.  I also added some little star shaped gems to the bells that make them sparkle even more IRL!  My little evergreen branch was inked up with Old Olive and Mossy Meadow inks and then spritzed with water before actually stamping on my cardstock to give a bit of a watercolored look.  Before I added my fussy cut bells and bows, I embossed the background with a SU! Decorative Dots embossing folder.  The sentiment was also from the Holiday Style stamp set. 

How is YOUR Christmas card stash looking right now?  Play along with us every week and we'll help you be in great shape for card giving in December!  Start by digging out those bell stamps and play along with us right HERE

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love the background texture. Have a great week.

Linda said...

Great job on those bells Marcia. I have that set and had a little trouble lining things up and what colors to use. Your card is beautiful. Have a great week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of jingle bells on a branch, Marcia! I hadn't seen that Sunny Studios set before - will have to check it out. I just love what you did with it!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I love how you added your bells to the branch, so nice!

Loll said...

Great card Marcia Love the textured background and your beautiful watercoloured pine branch. The jingle bells are so sweet, especially with those little sparkly stars. xx

Birgit said...

Your card is adorable Marcia! I have this set and just love how you used it so I'm pinning this for future reference. I have yet to find the right colors to make such perfect looking bells as yours. Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

Colleen said...

OMG, I forgot I have this stamp set...LOVE love your bells Marcia! Awesome card my friend for this "bell" challenge!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! these bells look real! All shiny and all! Thanks for sharing your cool card!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty! Great design!

Claire Broadwater said...

Marcia, I love your card! The embossed background is fabulous and those jingle bells are perfect! XX

Bonnie said...

Love your jingle bells, Marcia! I had a card planned for this challenge but just didn't get to it!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So pretty! This stamp set is on my wishlist!!