Saturday, March 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink March 2017 Blog Hop

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop and Nichole gave us a BEAUTIFUL piece of inspiration by Victoria Johnson.

Victoria johnson 8

As much as I love this piece, I have to admit that I struggled to turn it into card form.  Probably because it reminds me of a summer dress I had when I was a young girl, so it reminds me of material.  Anyway, I LOVE the colors, so they were obviously the starting point for my cards!


My 1st card was also inspired by a card and technique Lizzie Jones showed HERE, where she showed how to use your stamps to build backgrounds.  I loved how she used the What The Doodle: Paisley stamp set, and had to try it out using the colors from the inspiration photo.  I used colored pencils to color in the images, and then added a curved bottom to the card by using the In The Meadow snow hill die along with some Blueberry Sky striped DSP.  I used Big Basics: Congratulations and silver mirror cardstock for my sentiment.  I also used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen quite liberally on this card, but of course it doesn't show...grrrrr!!


My 2nd card I'm not as thrilled with!  I still loved the colors and of course I had to play with my new Butterfly Hope stamp set, but that's where the love ended!  I think the dark background is too plain, but it's one of those cards I fiddled with for a whole day, and then finally said enough is enough!  I actually like the matching envelope better than I like the card!!


Once again, I used quite a bit of my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen on all the butterflies, so IRL that does add some pizazz to this card and envelope!  It's not a throw away card, but just not one of my favorites!  I'm sure once I start hopping I'll be saying "Now why didn't I think of that?!!" and have all kinds of ideas on how I could have made different cards using the inspiration photo!  Oh well, I always enjoy my time in my stamp room, so it wasn't wasted time!!  :0)

You can stop by Nichole's site right HERE to check out what every one else did with the inspiration photo and even play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  And if you are looking for my Baby Girl Blog Hop for Lesley Croghan post, you can check all that fun out right HERE



26 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

I haven't gotten the What The Doodle Paisley yet, but it is perfect for this! Nice job, Marcia!

lainey said...

Marcia, I like your second card with the blue background and coordinating colors. It looks like the butterflies are flying in the night sky. And you reminded me I have to use my WTD Paisley set. Like it with the silver sentiment!

Martha said...

Marcia, what lovely cards.
How fun to have a matching envelope.

Kim Heggins said...

Two beautiful cards Marcia...those butterflies are so sweet!

Linda said...

I think both cards are beautiful Marcia. Great designs on both.

Susan Watanabe said...

Very pretty cards and use of the colors!

Carmela said...

Sweet cards, Marcia! Love those new stamps and you made beautiful projects with them.

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful.

Colleen said...

Fabulous cards Marcia! And I love the envelope but I also love your card...you make me laugh...enough is enough! Yes, how true is that, but I really do like it, I like the curve and the added dp, that adds lots of interest! Heart Hugs, friend!!

Kathryn A said...

Love both cards! Great use of the Meadows Hills die, and the colours are perfect for this challenge!

Greta said...

I'm still waiting for my new order & now I'm really anxious to get the butterflies! I love your cards, Marcia! The first one is such a creative use of the inspiration!

Vikki H said...

Oh, you're one of the lucky ones to get the Butterfly set already - mine's in the mail! What darling cards and especially the butterfly one!

Dolores said...

Lovely cards, Marcia. Your paisley background is perfect. Wonderful take on the challenge!

Marybeth said...

Look at you Marcia you sure went to town and made many beautiful cards with the wonderful colors! Love the shimmer on the butterflies and I know in person looks even better! Hope you have a great weekend, friend!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Marcia! So late with the hop today, but had to come comment on the paisley card (brilliant set to use, btw), and then saw the gorgeous butterflies with matching envelope, and wow, did you ever get creative!!! Colors are fabulous, and now wishing I had ordered the butterflies. Oh well, I'll just enjoy your masterful creations! Hugs!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Guess I gotta break into my paisley set now! Love the In the Meadow die used on your card!

Kathy Mc said...

Marcia, once again you are too hard on yourself. Both cards are lovely and yet totally different. It's so much fun to see how everyone is inspired in so many different ways. Off to hop some more. Beautiful work!

Betty Neville said...

Two beautiful cards, Marcia! Love your hand-stamped background on your first card; and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your butterfly card - lovely layout and design!

Helen F. said...

I think they are both beautiful, Marcia! That What The Doodle Paisley is such a pretty set to use as a bg. Love the new Butterfly Hope stamps...I knew I would be sorry I didn't order them :-{

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Marcia! Both of your cards are fantastic! Love the pretty paisley and floral pattern on the first! The butterflies fluttering about look amazing! Great take on the inspiration pics! Happy hopping :)

Birgit said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Marcia! You totally nailed this challenge!

Joyously Noelle said...

You captured the beautiful colors on both your cards! Your butterflies are sweet.

Diana K said...

Two gorgeous cards, Marcia! I especially love those pretty butterflies.

Sherrie M. said...

Pretty cards Marcia!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards, Marcia!

Kay Miller said...

These are both so pretty Marcia! I am swooning here over the butterflies! That is just gorgeous! Love the paisleys too though! Beautiful work!