Wednesday, March 1, 2017

CAS Mix Up - March 2017

Hello friends.  I am beyond excited to be the Guest Designer for March at CAS Mix Up!  What an honor to work with all these talented designers...SO cool!!


This month is all about SMOOSHING and I love to smoosh!!  If you've never smooshed before, there are lots of "how to" videos on youtube, including a couple by the fabulous Loll.  

Here's what I came up with:


I started by adding Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, and Inka Gold inks to my craft mat, and then smooshing my water color cardstock into it.  Once it was dry I adhered it to a Wisteria Wonder layer and then added it to a card base that I had stenciled with PTI's Modern Background Stencil Collection and Wisteria Wonder ink.  My butterfly is a die cut from Memory Box called Vivienne and I lightly embossed the edges and center in gold.  My sentiment is from PTI's Choose Joy stamp set.  So for this card I included Stamping, Smooshing, Die Cutting, Stenciling, & Embossing.

Because this is CAS Mix Up's 1st Birthday, (yep, hard to believe we've been playing with this challenge for a whole year now, isn't it?!!) Loll and Bonnie want to have a celebration, complete with a prize!  So play along with us and you could win!!


Can't wait to see what you all come up with, so get out those inks and start smooshing away!!  You can find lots of GORGEOUS inspiration from the rest of the DT and rules for playing right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!



8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What great colors you chose to SMOOSH Marcia! Your delicate die cut butterfly looks so pretty fluttering above the panel - and your partial stenciling adds great interest to your card base! Thanks for Guest Designing with us at CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

Loll said...

Love the deep colours of your smooshed panel, Marcia. Looks awesome over your stenciled background. And tipping the wings of your butterfly in gold looks amazing. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up and helping us celebrate our 1st birthday! xx

Jo said...

Stunning!... that partially embossed butterfly is one beauty against your smooshed panel, such elegant colours too. The stencilled background is such a perfect finish. Thanks for being our Guest Designer for CAS Mix Up's anniversary challenge. xx

Bonnie said...

I love your smooshed piece, Marcia, and the stenciling adds just the right amount of background! And that butterfly is so pretty with the partial embossing! Thanks so much for joining our team at CAS Mix Up this month!

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE all your mixed media textures and CAS design, Marcia. So pleased you are our Guest Designer this month. I love how your smooshed background looks with your pretty die cut butterfly. Your soft stenciling on your card base is such a wonderful CAS addition to your pretty card. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Wow I am loving the colours you've used. So striking and gorgeous against he white. Amazing card, thank you for the inspiration x

Susan said...

Marcia, what a lovely blend of colours for your smooshing! And I love all the details like the bit of stenciling and the gold embossing on the butterfly. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer on CAS Mix Up this month!

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous and striking in plummy greys too! Lovely card!