Friday, March 3, 2017

Double D Challenge - Think Spring

Hello friends.  Haven't had a chance to play with the challenges over at Double D lately, but couldn't resist their newest challenge and mood board with the theme Think Spring




Are you all craving Spring as much as I am?!!  It really hasn't been a terrible Winter in West Michigan...just really loooong!!  This beautiful mood board really made me think "Tulips", so out came my Tulip Time set from PTI!


I love this 3 step stamp set so you can achieve such depth of color, and since yellow makes me think Spring, I used Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup, & Summer Sunrise inks to make my little bouquet of Tulips.  And how perfect is that sentiment for this challenge?!  A little coral butterfly, sequins, and bakers twine helped to finish this bright and cheery card.

Make sure you check out all the GORGEOUS inspiration cards from the DT right HERE and then play along...it will definitely get you in the mood for Spring!!  

Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

Simply gorgeous Marcia! Your card has me dreaming of spring flowers. The colors of your tulips are just stunning!!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia your tulips are gorgeous! Well, to be honest your entire creation is awesome!! LOVE it and YES ... it's not been a 'bad' winter here in Ohio but I'm sure ready for was warm sunshine days that will last longer than a day! LOL
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Unknown said...

I am, I am, I am! lol It will be here before you know it and after the snow this weekend ugh! This is a gorgeous card, totally screams SPRING! Love the tulips in yellow and that strip of black and white, it makes everything else POP! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member!

Kara Lynne said...

I'm so ready for spring! You're right, though, it hasn't been the worst winter here either. Those yellow tulips just sing spring! I love the touches of coral on your card as well, and what a beautiful sentiment! Thank you, Marcia, for your encouraging comments about my guest posts - they meant so much to me!

Linda said...

This is so pretty Marcia and certainly looks like Spring. I have that set and need to use it more often. Love the whole layout.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Marcia! Looks like spring has sprung! Hope you have a great weekend!

Diane said...

Wowzers, this is gorgeous...love, love your pretty tulips...hey I am from west (SW) Michigan, too...Niles area...and yes I will take these winters anytime, except for those tornado's we had on the 28th...can't say I cared for those much...lol!! Thank you for joining our challenge at double D.
Diane DD DT

Loll said...

Your layered tulips are so pretty Marcia. Love the design paired with the black strip. xx

Sue said...

So pretty. I love the yellow tulips. Hopefully, we'll see tulips within the next few months! I'm ready for warmer weather!

Alex said...

I just love tulips. You have created a amazing spring Card.
Your project would fits with our challenge #3 (spring) at Do-Al(l) Kreatives! I like to invite you to play with us.

Hugs
Alex
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
Alex' Kreative Seite