Thursday, March 30, 2017

Make It Monday #279 - Curved Sentiments

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge, where Ashley shows us how to get more mileage out of our straight sentiments stamps by curving them on acrylic blocks.  I hadn't had a chance yet to play with the new Beautiful Berries: Spring yet, and ended up and made two cards.


I've gotten really hooked on using grays for leaves, and while I know it's not very realistic, I just really like the look!  I used some Raspberry Fizz for the berries and then lightly used my Aqua Painter to give a bit of a water colored look.  I used the Keep It Simple: Thinking Of You set and curved it on my acrylic block to match the curve of the oval die cut. 


For my second card I stamped the leaves and berries twice for a bit fuller look, and then used the sentiment from the Winter Woods set.  I added a few Rainstones and some hot pink thick bakers twine to finish off both cards.


Two very CAS cards and I really like how both turned out!  There's still time to play along, so check out Ashley's video and BEAUTIFUL card right HERE and then play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!



16 comments:

Birgit said...

Both of your cards are stunning Marcia! I like the look of grey leaves and I'm loving those berries. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive. I knew I'd regret not getting those berries. Lovely, lovely cards my friend!

Bonnie said...

Two pretty cards, Marcia! Love the pink and gray!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Miss Marcia, love everything about this duo! So clean and sweet, and the curved sentiments just add to your perfect design! Didn't get this set, and regret is setting in~

Nancy said...

Your cards are very pretty, I too ordered the berry set, but have yet to receive my order, still waiting!!

Kathryn A said...

I love how these have turned out! Love the gray and pink, too. I have yet to use gray for leaves... I thought I had this stamp set in my cart, but apparently I didn't as the die is showing in my order but the stamp isn't. (Which only has a shipping label and hasn't moved yet!!) Grrr.... I'll have to wait till the next order, now!

Kari D said...

Marcia -- I LOVE your cards and am so jealous that you received your spring berries stamps set (alas, I am still waiting for mine). Love the pop of color you achieved with the twine!

Carmela said...

Love your berries!

Loll said...

Cool technique Marcia. And two beautiful cards. xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colors, love the soft subtle look! AND the way you curved your sentiments and the position in which you stamped them too! Awesome! We actually saw the sun this morning and a bright blue sky....then we blinked and it was gone, white and overcast. This is ridiculous lol (snow in the forecast too....grrrrr!)

lainey said...

Pretty cards Marcia! I like using grey for the leaves too, and pink is such a lovely color with it.

Unknown said...

Lovely cards. The Beautiful Berries Spring stamps look great in the grey. I like seeing how everyone uses unusual colors for the stems and leaves and thinking how come I didn't think of that. Really great cards!

Greta said...

Love that twine, your stamping & the sentiment matching the shape of the oval--terrific cards, Marcia! I didn't let myself get the berries even though I immediately loved it--still may happen, though--haha!

Joyce said...

Both of these are stunning, Marcia. I've got that set on my desk, and I was browsing the MIM gallery for ideas, and your card jumped right out at me. I'm going to use it for this challenge as well. Love your grey leaves--such a great idea.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Fabulous cards with wonderful curved sentiments! Thanks for joining me for this week's Make It Monday!

Skrater said...

Love these and love the gray leaves. Remember, we are artists, right? : )

Helen F. said...


Marcia, both of your cards are beautiful! Love
the curved sentiments and this pretty color combo!I had this set in and out of my cart, now having 'buyer's regret' :-(