Friday, March 31, 2017

TYIC #68

Hello friends.  Playing along with the challenge over at Tag You're It where Gayatri Murali is the Featured Artist.  Her adorable tag had me wanting in on the fun too!!


I was totally inspired by Gayatri's cute little pooch, her stenciled background, and of course the big "LOVE" sentiment!  Here's what I came up with:


Our middle daughter celebrated her 26th birthday yesterday, and since her and her husband are total miniature Dachshund lovers (they have 2...Beamer and Royce), I figured this die cut from my dear friend Birgit would be perfect for this challenge and her birthday gift!  I wish I could tell you who the die cut is by, but I'm not sure.  I know Birgit loves to use Elizabeth Craft dies, so maybe.....??  Anyway, I sponged him up for some definition and added his spiffy plaid coat and scarf.  My stenciled background is from Altenew called Halftone Stencil and I started at the bottom with some Pickled Raspberry Distress Ink and went lighter as I moved to the top of the tag.  My "Love" die cut and sentiment are from SSS's Love set.  A little bit of hot pink thick bakers twine finished off my tag.

 There is still time to play, so check out all the fun and oh so cute inspiration from Gayatri and the DT, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

6 comments:

Birgit said...

What a cute, cute tag Marcia! This little dachshund is so adorable! It's a Marianne Designs die cut. She's got the cutest line of animal dies. So glad you enjoyed the die cut.

Loll said...

This is so cute Marcia. LOVE the paid jacket and scarf. You can tell the dog is proud of how spiffy he looks. :) xx

Darnell said...

I'm glad Birgit confirmed cuz I, too, just love mini Doxies and I'm smitten with your adorable plaided puppy, Marcia! This is a darling take on Gayatri's tag!! Thanks for playing at TYI!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy Penir said...

EEEK! A_DOR_ABLE!!! OMG, the doggie outfit? Brilliant! Love the 'love', love the bg, love it ALL! I have also been blessed with some of Brigit's dies, and decided we should raid her craft room. Wouldn't that be fun??? Marcia, your tag is GRRRReat!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

LOVE!!!! many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Marybeth said...

This sounds just perfect for your daughter ! What a darling outfit this sweet pup has on, I love it! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It,Marcia!