Monday, March 6, 2017

Merry Monday #238 - Lamp Post

Hello friends.  The challenge this week at Merry Monday is all about adding a lamp post to your Christmas card.


Using a Gina Marie Design die, this is what I came up with:


I chose not to decorate my lamp post so that the focus was also shared with the beautiful sentiment from Penny Black's Yuletide Wishes.  I blended my background first with Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks, except for the small portion I masked off for the light from the lamp post.  I blended some Bright Buttercup and Summer Sunrise inks for the light and then replaced my mask white I stamped the pine boughs from SU!'s Ornamental Pine set.  After gluing down my lamp post, I used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen on the lighted area...IRL it really shimmers!  One of these days I'm going to learn how to photograph it!!  I added my sentiment last and then adhered the panel to a white card base.  Very simple really, but I love how it turned out!  :0)

Check out more inspiration from the rest of the DT and then play along with us right HERE.  Can't wait to see what you all come up with for this one!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

   

7 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely Christmas card Marcia, beautiful lamp post.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the glow of your lamppost, Marcia!! So pretty with the border of pines at the top!

Linda said...

So serene and beautiful Marcia. Have a great week.

BrendaB said...

That is a beautiful card! I really love the sentiment stamp.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Love the pine needles in the background. Thanks so much for all the comments you sent me regarding my Dad's passing :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Marcia, your card is really beautiful! Love the pine bough stamping and the "light" of your lamp post! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh so pretty! I just love the glow of your lamp!!!