Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March CAS Watercolour Challenge - SPRING

Hello friends.  It looks nothing like Spring outside my window yet, but in my stamping room I am playing all the Spring challenges I can to make the season last as long as possible!  Today I am playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge where the challenge is: SPRING!!


Using an Impression Obsession stamp (E7754), this is what I came up with:


I embossed the image in black on watercolor paper, and then used water and my Zigs to color the leaves and flowers.  The tulips actually started out a very light pink, but I was having so much fun adding color that they ended up a lot darker than what they started!  As this is one of the first times I've actually felt good about what I came up with while using my Zigs, I didn't mind at all that they came out quite a bit darker than the light pink I first started with!  I used PTI's Modern Background stencil with Smoky Slate ink for my background and the sentiment is from PTI's Winter Woods.  So for this card I did: watercolouring, embossing, stamping, & stenciling.

As Darnell would say, I have a twofer for you:


I used the same Impression Obsession image but embossed it in gold, and then water colored again with my Zigs.  I had some "smooshed" backgrounds left over from another project, so I water colored my tulips to match the peachy orange color from the background.  This one really screams Spring to me!  I left a sentiment off of this card as I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for yet. 

There's still LOTS of time to play along with this challenge, so if you like to water color, head over and check out all the beautiful inspiration and then play along right HERE!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!



5 comments:

Birgit said...

Two pretty cards Marcia! Your water coloring is fabulous my friend!

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards, Marcia. Really love that smooshed background.

Loll said...

Great two-fers Marcia!! :) LOVE the pink tulips ... so bright and cheerful, and perfect on that gray stenciled background. Your peach tulips are so soft and pretty. Great job with your Zigs!! And thanks for sharing both cards at CAS Watercolour! xx

Bonnie said...

I LOVE these tulips, Marcia! Both colors are fantastic! Love that stenciled background and the smooshed background! Smooshing is the CAS Mix Up challenge too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Heather said...

These are such elegant cards, your colour schemes and pretty backgrounds are beautiful.