Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Make It Monday #278 - Window Chipboard Sentiments

Hello friends.  This weeks Make It Monday challenge at PTI is newcomer Stephanie Gold's first one, and she does a FABULOUS job showing how to make a fun and very cool looking window in your cards using chipboard sentiments!

I made a fun and bright card using a set I hadn't used in a looooong time: Friendly Flowers.  (I've always LOVED the leaves in this set!!)


I used the Wonderful Words: Birthday die for my sentiment, and the only thing I wished I would have done differently was to have put it up higher on the card so that the card would open easier!  I noticed (after the fact of course!) that Stephanie had placed her sentiment higher toward the top of her card, and she probably did that for the reason that it opened better that way!  Oh well, live and learn!!


I guess I was thinking along the same lines as Nancy Penir as I made a matching envelope out of some of the fabulous DSP I bought when it all was on sale!  Plus the fact that I had been feeling a little guilty about not making matching envelopes for the past few years and then one of the 10th Anniversary challenges was all about making them...time to get back to some of the good old basics!!


Make sure you check out Stephanie's great video and BEAUTIFUL card, and then play along right HERE...it really is a fun challenge this week!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!



16 comments:

Marybeth said...

I love this in red and I love the stamp set you used Marcia! I bet your right on having the word more to the top, mine didn't work that well at the bottom either but I do like it lower. Gorgeous card and envelope!

Colleen said...

Oh, you are too smart, didn't even think of raising the word on the card! I was afraid the loops on the "H" would get stuck, hmmm, should try it on a card and place the word higher! Love your bright colors too!! I think we were both after the same thing...COLOR in our life after all the white and grays! Gorgeous card as always my friend!! Have a wonderful day!

lainey said...

Love this fun and festive birthday card and nice to see an older stamp set being used! By the way, I put my word at the top and it's still hard to get open.

Unknown said...

What a cute card. I love those bright, bold blooms. The scalloped edge is such a nice touch. Really lovely.

Julia Aston said...

What a bright and happy b'day card Marcia! This is a fun technique that I haven't tried yet - glad to hear the tip about putting the die cut nearer the top! Julia xx

Linda said...

What a bright and cheery birthday card, Marcia. And love your matching envelope.

Unknown said...

Aw Marcia you are too sweet. I really love how your card turned out even if it had some trouble opening. You really put your own design in it and its gorgeous!! Xo

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Marcia! Love all the beautiful blossoms! Great take on the challenge!

Birgit said...

What a cheerful card Marcia! The primary colors are so fun and I love that you made a coordinating envelope to go along with it. Just beautiful!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty festive birthday card! Sure to brighten someone's day. Great just with the challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

This is absolutely delightful Marcia!! The colors remind me of summer, it's so cheerful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment ;)

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful, bright card, Marcia! Those are some of my favorite flower stamps (it's the leaves, right?)! I love this idea and will have to go check out MIM.

Barb Kirkwood said...

Great take on the challenge, love your colors and coordinating envelope. I'm doing more envelopes myself lately and they are so much fun.

Skrater said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love your flowers and that birthday sentiment is an all time favorite I use frequently. The envelope is the perfect touch.

Unknown said...

Oh that is a pretty set and you created such a beautiful card! LOVE your chipboard sentiment, that came out great! And your matching envelope (I just made 3 yesterday--great minds and all). Oh and one last thing, take one day and pull out the Shakers & Sprinkles Kit, you'll be glad you did!

Joyously Noelle said...

Oh what a happy card and a matching envelope to boot! What a wonderful idea!