Friday, November 17, 2017

CAS Mix Up November 2017 - Glitter

Hello friends.  Playing along today with the CAS Mix Up challenge, where this month it's all about glitter.


Glitter and Christmas go hand in hand in my book, so naturally I came up with a Christmas card for this challenge...take a look:


I started with a blended background using Wild Honey and Salty Ocean DOX inks, and then did a little splattering with water to give the look of a starry sky.  I stamped and embossed the little Nativity scene using PTI's Petite Places: Nativity and then added the die cut hill and tree's, also from PTI.  Over the top I placed a glittered die cut ornament from AliExpress, and then before gluing it down, I added a white die cut from Memory Box called Blissful Bundle to add a little background interest but still keeping it CAS.  My sentiment is from the newest Catherine Pooler Winterhaven set.


There are some lovely, lovely cards from the DT and in the gallery, and you have until the 24th to play along with this challenge, so check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


4 comments:

Birgit said...

What an elegant card this is Marcia! The blended background is perfect this sweet scene of the perfect gift. Lovely my friend!

Bonnie said...

Wow, what a pretty "ornament", Marcia! I love the tiny die cut Nativity with the glittery frame and the beautiful sentiment! I'll have to check that out. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up and more enabling!

Loll said...

LOVE your beautiful ornament scene, Marcia. The colours really make the silhouette stamping pop. Gorgeous ... and so creative to add it to an ornament die-cut. Love the sparkle from the glitter outline. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Julia Aston said...

what wonderful texture with your die cuts Marcia - a beautiful Nativity scene framed in the glittery silver ornament! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx