Monday, November 6, 2017

Merry Monday #264 - A Color Challenge

Hello friends.  Happy to be the hostess this week at Merry Monday, and I love to do color challenges!


Wouldn't you love to hang a wreath like this on your front door?!  It's a little bit country, a little bit vintage, and a whole lot of FUN with the colors of KRAFT and RED!

I had a panel of white that I had stenciled in red using Tim Holtz's Poinsettia stencil laying on my desk from another project, so that was my starting point for my card.


I added a piece of kraft striped DSP (PTI) to the side of my stenciled panel and attached to a white card base.  My sentiment is from PB Rejoice With Joy and then I used a PB die Burst Of Red for my flower.  The back piece is kraft cs and the top layer of the flower is die cut from POW Red Glitter Paper.  I also added a strip of the red glitter paper between the striped DSP and stenciled panel.  A few iridescent sequins finished off my card.


The countdown is on friends, so let us help you get those cards done in time!  Grab any Christmas stamp and your RED and KRAFT cardstocks and play along with us this week!  The DT has some FABULOUS inspiration for you to get you started...check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous poinsettia with the kraft and glittery red, Marcia! Just love the stenciled poinsettia background too with that lovely sentiment running over! Thanks for the fun challenge - enjoyed it very much!!

Colleen said...

I love that sentiment...and I own it too!! Thank you for fun colors to play with this week, Your card is very striking, love that little strip of glitter paper and of course your fantastic poinsettia. Heart Hugs, Col

Linda said...

Gorgeous Marcia. Love the poinsettia background you created. Thanks for the great challenge although it stumped me a bit. Have a great week.

Christine Alexander said...

Love the crispness of the red poinsettias againt the white and the touch of kraft isperfect :)

Ros Crawford said...

It's beautiful and what a lovely design!

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous! And completely enchanting! can't wait to play along. 2 of my favs together, red and kraft. PS, love the sentiment too!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful stenciled piece and that kraft and red glitter poinsettia is so pretty. Great card.

AlisonC said...

Such a bright splash of colour, it will really stand out.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is really, really pretty Marcia!!!! LOVE that glitter!!!!!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks for the fun challenge, Marcia! Your card is wonderful!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful stenciling on this Marcia and what a wonderful Christmas sentiment too!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome Christmas card Marcia, lovely colour challenge.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the flowers.