Saturday, November 11, 2017

Twelve Tags Of Christmas - Day 6

Hello friends.  It is with much JOY and great honor that I tell you I have been invited to be a Guest Designer for Day 6 of Loll's Twelve Tags Of Christmas event!  


I was SO excited when Loll first asked me, that I started making tags left and right!  And of course, being my own worst critic, I kept telling myself I could do better, so I kept making more tags!  I'll share some of those with you in the gallery later next week, but the one I chose for today ended up being one of the more simple ones and I just really like the way it turned out!


I started with a piece of watercolour cs that I painted with Aqua Mist ink, and when dry, stamped with pine boughs at the top with Aqua Mist ink from PTI's Holiday Greens stamp set.


Next I die cut a piece of TH Woodgrain cardstock (thanks Bonnie!) with a Gina Marie Designs Birch Tree die and then layered that over my watercoloured piece and die cut together the tag shape using PTI's Basic Bookmark #2.  I love the dimension the Woodgrain cs gives to the tag shape!


Next came the fun of decorating the tag and I used a couple more Gina Marie Designs dies for the tree and deer.  The tree was cut from Pinefeather cs and then embossed in copper.  The deer was cut from kraft cs and then sponged with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.  I added a little tag to my dyed seam binding ribbon using PTI's Tiny Tags and stamped the sentiment from Tag It's #9 stamp set (also PTI).  The little pine bough branches on the tag are from the Holiday Greens set that I used for the top of the watercoloured tag portion.  A little red enamel dot on the tag and some twine
and iridescent sequins finished off my rustic looking tag.

I hope I've inspired you to play along with Loll and the other special GD's...you can see their BEAUTIFUL tags and find the challenge info all right HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

nancy littrell said...

All your tags have inspired my, Marcia. But I have to admit, your birch tree background for your die cut elegant buck and tree with the tiny tag is my favorite too:-) TFS your beautiful tag and detailed description. Hugs

Loll said...

I love the soft colour of your background --- so pretty, Marcia!! And the subtle stamping of the pine sprigs give it something special. Those birch trees are fantastic and add lots of texture and dimension. And your deer and tree finish off your beautiful, winter scene. Thanks so much for being my Guest Designer at my tag event, sweet friend. xx

Mac Mable said...

So love your attention to detail...that tiny red dot, the subtle stamping on the background and the glorious die cuts make one fabulous tag. Congratulations on being Loll's guest designer. x

Colleen said...

OMG, you are a guest for LOL!!! Congratulations and what an honor, you totally deserve it friend, because you are so gifted yourself! Now I simply must play along with you, you have inspired me! yahoo!!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, love all the layers to create your scene. Cool wood grain card stock for the the trees and love the touch of embossing powder on the tree :)

Bobby said...

This is a wonderful tag, Marcia. I bet you got those dies at the stamp fair in GR where you met Michele. She got a number of Gina Marie dies there.

Susan said...

A beautiful tag! Love the soft blue sky with the birch trees and sequins - perfect background for the reindeer and tree. And great way to do the sentiment on the tiny tag! Isn't it fun being Guest Designers for Loll's tag event?

Ina G said...

Love your tag with the birch tree background Marcia. Love the tree colours and how the deer and ribbon match perfectly. Love the wee tag at the top.

Nstiz said...

Not only is this a beautiful woodland scene but love the colors and textures you included on this! Also love the subtle stamping in your background. Beautifully done!

Birgit said...

Oh my Marcia, your tag is stunning! What a peaceful scene you've created on this tag. Wonderful texture and soft colors. Just beautiful my friend!

Pat said...

This is a beautifully softly coloured tag and love the white die cut trees and the stamped pine bough design in the background and on the sweet little tag. The die cut deer cut from the kraft card coordinates with it so prettily, and fir tree in dark green gives great contrast. The complementary dyed ribbon and red dot finish it perfectly. x

BożenA said...

WOW! Your blue background is so unusual, Marcia! When I look at him, I get more and more delighted. You so beautifully used several techniques to create this stunning background. White trees are so subtle that they do not interfere with the delicacy of the depth of the tag. The first plan is beautifully composed.
Hugs,
BożenA

Julia Aston said...

I love the light green background on your tag with the wonderful birch die and sweet little tag on top Marcia! The darker tree and deer are a great contrast to the lighter background! Julia xx

Linda said...

This is so pretty. I love the colour of the background and the stamping is a lovely added detail behind those die cut trees xx