Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Twelve Tags of Christmas 2017 - Day One

Hello friends.  Been waiting a whole year to play along again with Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas event...not only do I love looking at all the beautiful and artsy tags by Loll and everyone who plays along, but I LOVE making them too!




I started by blending some Broken China and Cracked Pistachio DOX inks and then used the ghosting technique with a birch tree stencil.  Once dry, I used a PTI Bookmark die to cut out my tag and then started decorating it.  The tree's are Tim Holtz dies and I lightly embossed some of the edges with copper and also added a little glitter.  The deer die cuts are from a Gina Marie Design and one was cut from corrugated cardboard (LOVE the dimension it gives!) and the other from kraft cs...they were both sponged with a little bit of Walnut Stain distress ink.  The copper embossed "joy" is from PTI's Wet Paint Holiday dies.  A few rainstones (PTI) and some seam binding ribbon and copper cording finished off my tag.

Make sure you stop by and check out Loll's BEAUTIFUL tag (and her guest Susan Bridgman's lovely tag too!), and then play along right HERE.  There will be 12 days of gorgeous inspiration, so if you love making tags, make sure to visit...you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Colleen said...

Gorgeous tag, Marcia...I love your deer and esp the corrugated one, adds so much dimension! Your background is stunning and that ghost birch background is so soft and subtle, yet there! Awesome tag friend! Heart Hugs, Col

Linda said...

All of your tags are fantastic. Marcia. You and Col and really going at it.

Loll said...

This tag is amazing, Marcia. I love your combination of colours, along with ghosting and die-cutting. Adding the heat embossing and glitter on the tree really makes them sparkle! And LOVE the texture from your corrugated deer! Thanks so much for joining my tag event! xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful tag Marcia. Love the colors and the way you ghosted the trees. I like how you did the two deer S;dp.

MaryH said...

The DOX created such a smooth and perfect background for these deer. I like the way you've got them background and foreground in the scene, and using the corrugated for the foreground deer created such depth. The icy trees on the left just add more 'brrrr' to the look as did the falling drops. Lovely tag.

Nstiz said...

What a fabulous background and your corrugated cardboard deer is genius! Love the way this turned out! And of course you used my favorite tree die of all time! Beautifully done!

nancy littrell said...

Wow..absolutely Gorgeous mixed media tag my friend!! I love all your layering of DOX inks, softly stenciled birch trees, die cut trees with added mixed media, deer, copper embossed Joy and ribbon. Every single element goes together beautifully. TFS and inspiring us all, Robyn. Hugs

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's so lovely! Love your colours!

Susan said...

Such a beautiful tag! I love the subtle sponging of the birch stencil and the way you added copper embossing and a bit of glitter to the trees. Great reindeer, with one done out of corrugated cardboard.

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love these deer peeking out from the glittery tree! Another fantastic tag, Marcia!